Kicker 6.5" CVT vs. ED E3.6

FAM4LIFE
10+ year member

SHILOH BOY
I currently have two of the Kicker 6.5 CVTs in a .6 cuft sealed box being powered by a Kicker zx 300.1. Although I didn't expect any real low end out of 6.5" subwoofers, its almost like the factory speakers in my rear doors get lower off of my h/u. Now the higher sub notes are loud but low end is missing all together.

I noticed the E3.6s from ED have a lower Fs than the Kickers (28hz vs. 53hz). Will I have better results on low end if I switched to the E3s.

These (kickers) are in my Titan and they blend quite well but I want them to go alittle lower in the sub territory.

Thoughts?

I had the 8" version of your Kickers, and I had the same problem. If you can fit 8's, get some Sundowns. If not, the ED's will probably be really nice. I've always been interested in trying them

At 40 bones each, who can complain? Personally I'd go with 8" subs over the 6.5's, you cant get but so much out of a 6.5 no matter what, 8" subs have way more output while they can still be used in a very small enclosure. I actually do have a couple of eD's e3.8 8" subs in my truck, and they perform awsome! Heres a video of them...

What cab type is your Titan, and where are your subs placed currently?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.