Just for clarification.. Total wattage per subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scott3229
10+ year member

Hey new to the forum, I read some of the stickies and stuff but I havent found this answer yet...

Lets say I have 2 alpine type rs dual 4 ohm vc wired together to maintain 4 ohms

When an amp is mono, 500 watts at 4 ohms, that would be total across bother speakers correct? So 250 approx per speaker?

Well with the two dual 4 ohm Type-Rs you can wire it so it'll be 1 ohm mono, there are plenty of 1-ohm stable subwoofer amplifiers on the market that does around 1000~1500 watts, this forum likes Sundown 1200d, MB Quart Discus 1500 and the Audiopipe AP15001D and Audioque 1200D. Whichever fits your budget I guess.

The JL 1000/1 would work too but it is expensive when compared to the above mentioned amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.