It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

Smoke your taillights , get HID's (If you dont have any yet) and tint that windshield and your exterior will be done.
Car came with HID's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Gonna put some fog lights in the lower grills. Swap the 4300k bulbs for 6k, swap the yellowish looking bulbs for the OEM fogs to 5k or 6k. Gonna tint the tail lights but leave reverse open.

Windshield I'm leaving alone because it's an EASY ticket here, especially since I'm not running a front plate anymore. I might debadge the "G35" as well. And I'll be painting the roof black.

Oh yeah, forgot, gonna do black housed headlights and change the the turn signal in the headlights to clear, but leave amber bulb. Might have some custom LED work done on the headlights depending on cost and looks.

It's been a while since I've been on this forum...been out quite a bit and the performance bug has bit me.

Here's a teaser pic.

IMG_3428.jpg

These are the Type II coilovers by Function and Form and they rock. I'm on the stiffest setting in the front and its such a smooth ride. The rear only has the springs, still gotta put the shock mount on, but my buddy didn't have a drill on him to make one of the holes bigger for the bolt to go through, so I'm still using the old ones, that will get fixed today.

The front was sitting an inch lower before, but I couldn't get out of his garage which isn't all that steep, could barely turn the wheel too. I'll be raising it just a tad in the front and rear since mild to viscious bumps make the tires hit the plastic in the fenders. No more going over speed bumps and gotta park on streets pretty much now.

IMG_3462.jpg

I'm gonna have a friend open the headlights so I can paint the insides black and maybe do some custom LED work on them. The grill is almost finished. I took off the Infiniti emblem and there was a huge gap as you can see so I used fiberglass and bondo to fill it up, just gotta shape the top part more. Gonna paint the rims matte black with a gloss black lip and dish and possible center cap. Tail lights will be tinted soon, roof will be black, the door handles and chrome trim will be black as well. Grill will be gloss black too.

Love them. They ride smoother than the Tein Basics even on the stiffest setting. I got em for a good deal from one of the vendors on teh g35driver forum. PM me and ill get you more info

Looking great man.. How do those F & F coilovers ride? Any specs on them? I ran Tein Superstreet Dampers in my 240, and fell in love. From then on, I couldn't see myself moving away from the EDFC.. Nothing like adjusting your suspension from the driver's seat.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO you got rid of the black rims?!?!?!?!
Yeah, for a super cheap deal. Since they had some damage the new owner got em for 600 bucks. Tires alone cost me about 500. I like these better because they weigh a bunch less.... 18 lbs each for 19's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

looks like you need to raise it just a touch,but thats my opinion,otherwise it looks sweet slammed like that.
Yep, did so today and it's a little much on the front. Gonna drop it again by about 1/4". Definitely helped with the bumps and such though.

Looking great man.. How do those F & F coilovers ride? Any specs on them? I ran Tein Superstreet Dampers in my 240, and fell in love. From then on, I couldn't see myself moving away from the EDFC.. Nothing like adjusting your suspension from the driver's seat.
Love them. On the stiffest setting they are way smoother than the Tein Basics. Plus they don't make any noise like the Basics. As for the EDFC, it's about ot get pwnt. F&F is coming out with a wireless EDFC, aka Wi-Damp, that plugs into the cig lighter IIRC.

As for specs, not too sure. I got them cos I know you can really dump the car beyond what you need, and that was true. Buddy of mine liked them and not many people have them so I took a chance. Great investment. Their website is http://www.f2autolife.com/ and I got it from one of the vendors on the g35driver forum, M1autosports.

that is awesome. a+
Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.