Issue with seller.

TurdFergueson2
5,000+ posts

Team D.O.A.
Chicago
So I have this guy who I sold my 1900 watt Autotek to. He's sat on the amp since the 29th of July and now wants a refund claiming the amp is messed up. I know for a fact that the amp works as it was removed in perfect working condition as well as tested at my local ABC Electronics. The buyer was kinda shady from the beginning. He did not seem to want to buy it. I insisted that he buy from somewhere else because he was giving me the run around. He wanted me to put it on ebay and do a private auction. I declined. Then after being so ready to still buy that night, his parents happened to go to sleep and he could not send the money. Later that same night he bumps a thread for needing an amp.

That morning I sent him a PM telling him that he should deal with somebody else. Then he sends the money. Few days later (29th of July) amp is in his hands. I know it wasnt damaged during shipping. Ask anybody that I ever shipped to that. You coulda dropped that thing off of anything.

So aside from lookin at his PMs about him spending too much money on the mono amp and trying to sell it for more than I sold it to him a few weeks ago he now wants a refund. He says that it will cost him 150 to get the amp fixed though he never said what was exactly wrong with it, nor have any of his PMs or help here on the forums said anything really about the amp not working right.

Today he said it plays low. Could be that none of the levels were adjusted at all. He does claim to be a n00b, but my thing is this is not buy and try. The whole thing just doesn't seem right.

I will PM the seller so he can have a chance to respond in this thread. Everything I have said is true to my knowledge. I just have a real problem with him having probably either messed up the amp or not wanting it anymore due to seeing something better. From looking at his posts, it looks like he just wants something else.

Faced with this situation, what would you guys do?

i wouldn't give him anything. he doesn't know what he is doing. probably has the hu at vol. 2 and wonders why it ain't loud.

I sold an amp a couple of years ago to a guy, who 8 months later said "oh hey the amp quit working 2 weeks after I purchased it but I forgot to tell you, can I get my money back now"? I told him no.

Did you try adjusting the levels on the amp? Any shop will be more than willing to turn the gain up on your amp for 150 bucks. Please state your setup, Wiring and all.

what kind of hu do you have? did you turn the gain up? what about your sub level on your hu. did you turn on the sub outputs on the hu. my pioneer and kenwood were like this.

Yeah, I'm facing a similar problem now. Guy bought an avic d-3 from me and then claimed it was broken, I know it wasn't when I sent it. Anyways, he sends it in for repair without my knowledge, and then tells me it is $200 flat rate from pioneer to fix it. A few days ago he messages me again and says it cost him $270 and that he expects a full refund for the $560 he payed, plus the $270 for the repair, and wants to keep the hu for all of the problems he has had, or he will take legal action. I'm just starting to think this is a way for a buyer to scam a seller. Claim item is broken and request a refund. I know that the hu was working when I sent it out, so I will not reimburse him any money.

I probably would do the same in your situation. If you know for a fact that the item worked when you shipped it, don't do a refund. They can file an insurance claim through UPS or whoever if they think it was damaged during shipping, otherwise, I would probably say they installed it incorrectly, possibly blowing a fuse, maybe dropped it and wiggled some parts loose, etc. IDK tough situation, but if you are sure it worked when shipped, don't refund imo.

You have no obligation to refund any money. You sent it to him in working order. If, somehow, it was damaged during shipping, he can file an insurance claim. Otherwise it is probably just user error.

Yeah, I'm facing a similar problem now. Guy bought an avic d-3 from me and then claimed it was broken, I know it wasn't when I sent it. Anyways, he sends it in for repair without my knowledge, and then tells me it is $200 flat rate from pioneer to fix it. A few days ago he messages me again and says it cost him $270 and that he expects a full refund for the $560 he payed, plus the $270 for the repair, and wants to keep the hu for all of the problems he has had, or he will take legal action. I'm just starting to think this is a way for a buyer to scam a seller. Claim item is broken and request a refund. I know that the hu was working when I sent it out, so I will not reimburse him any money.
I probably would do the same in your situation. If you know for a fact that the item worked when you shipped it, don't do a refund. They can file an insurance claim through UPS or whoever if they think it was damaged during shipping, otherwise, I would probably say they installed it incorrectly, possibly blowing a fuse, maybe dropped it and wiggled some parts loose, etc. IDK tough situation, but if you are sure it worked when shipped, don't refund imo.
I'm 100% positive that the amp was working. The way it was packed, even UPS couldn't have damaged it. It is more than likely the levels need to be adjusted. they were all turned down prior to shipping so he or whomever could adjust them to his setup.

this is no other issue than the amp...i had an old shitty setup that was like 300 watts or so and after hearing my friends 600 watt system bump i knew i wanted to kick his ass so i went for a 1000 watt amp and sub... my setup is a crap boss audio 735 HU but i bought brand new so i know it works...the subwoofer volume was for sure turned up...i have 2 guage wiring but im not familiar with that as im 16 and my dad knows the electical stuff...custom built box diamond audio d9 d2 12 inch sub (that i bought from here with no problem). my dad and i hooked everything up sadly to see nothing playing from my sub. so i went up to D.A.D.S. electronics (my local shop) and they came out and looked everything over and said either its the wiring or amp and they brought own wiring out to see same problem. so they said it was the amp and i left it with them to get an estimate. 3 days later (today) they called to say something that i couldnt understand from some austrailian guy that the preamp outputs or something and would cost 150 to get fixed. i took it home and pmed this guy and here is where i am now

I'm 100% positive that the amp was working. The way it was packed, even UPS couldn't have damaged it. It is more than likely the levels need to be adjusted. they were all turned down prior to shipping so he or whomever could adjust them to his setup.
Yeah, that's how it was for me. Honestly try to diagnose the problem with him and help him out, but I would not refund the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TurdFergueson2

5,000+ posts
Team D.O.A.
TurdFergueson2
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies