I need help please???

your grounds are too small...........
Your ground wire should be the same size or bigger than your power wire.... If you have 4ga, split to 6ga for power, you need to have the same for your grounds, or atleast 6ga from amp directly to chassis.
Thats what I thought too, but Alpine recommended 8awg fpr both +/-, and 8 awg feeding 1000w just sounded wrong so I opted for 4 down to 6. I think I should run 0 to 4 for pwr/grnd. Then I could run as much as 2000 safely. What I should have done is just ran big 3 w/ a good bat and a big eff mono amp instead of two baby mono's lol.

The only reason I have these amps is cuz I originally had two svc sony 1300w 12's that wer driven by my CF 1000d. I fried that amp and borrowed my buddies MRP500 and I liked how effi it was, I could bang full tilt for 2hrs strait and it never even got warm. He then got a kicker 750.1 and sold me the mrp for $80, Then I purchased another mrp for 150 off of Amazon and 2 4ohm type R's. I was surprised that the type R's w/ 1000w wasnt that much louder but sounded beter than my sony's at 500w and drew alot more current. I should just sell the MRP's and get a single big boy mono that can push a real 1500w @ 1 or 4ohm cleanly.

I'm still open to ideas guys so let me know what amps you have experience w/. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.