I cant find slot port build site.

its calc arent accurate... don't include displacement... some people say "close enough" but thats enough to throw your box off enough for it to not work properly
it will work.....just design the box to the exact volume and tuning you want....then add the displacement volume you want to one end of the box. Tuning or displacement will not change...just the physical width of the box.

The boxes I keep coming up with are TOO big for the trunk opening.

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2009/Tarantula%20T5%20woofers.pdf

The spec show for a single sub and I have two. So far, the most I can fit is 4.5 cubes before displacement tuned to about 28 with a port at 2.5 x 15 x 22 inches. These could be wrong figures because I am useing different programs to try and figure this out. This is going in a Chevy Cavalier. I am thinking that I may have to either build the box in the trunk or seal off the trunk and use it as a box, or build two boxes. i was going to try for the opt. specs because I dont see how to get the max specs to fit. If you have any Ideas I would like to hear them.

35hz4cubes.jpg

35hzwith4cubes.jpg

IMG00276.jpg

What are the dimensions of that box pictured? I'm assuming you got it in the trunk through the back seat.

OOPS I forgot I was looking at an old thread

old or not I will answer you... the opening is there I could make it bigger if I cut the wings out. but then I run into the trunk hinges. And then if I do that I still have to get the bigger box in the doors. may have to take the seats and doors out and off. Pain in ass. which is why I need another vehical to use.

The current box is about 3.5cubes tuned to 32. The box pictured was 3.75 cubes tuned to 26.5... I like the box pictured better but I am too lazy to attempt to switch back.

The box at 26.5 is side ported. The 32 is slot ported L to the front face of box. Doesnt matter which way I dirrect them. All that matters is how close I have them to the rearwall. at about 4 inches from the tail lights the bass is alot more responsive and defined than if I have the box all the way forward to the rear deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.