how much should a coolant flush cost?

99grandprixGT
5,000+ posts

now got an 04 grand prix
home
i usually try and do all my own work. so i have really never went to an oil change place to see any of there prices. but my parents dont want me to make a mess in out garage with the shitty dex cool **** that GM likes to call coolant. so any one work at a place like this or have this done recently and know the price? i just don't want to go in there and have them throw out some number and i don't know if that's reasonable or not. thanks.

shouldnt be much but a coolant flush isnt that hard gets some 5 gallon buckets err it might not be hard on my car not sure about urs. I just jacked up the front got the hose of teh ic and drained it into buckets

Unless your resevoir has rust in it, which is should not because you have a GM and should not add any water, then there is no reason for a coolant flush.
well car has 160k miles and i dont know if the previous owner has changed it or not.

ya its been over heating once in a while. no its not the supercharged but im planing on doing an engine swap.
ah i think those cars would be the **** if they were AWD still really nice.

i forgot if you posted this but did u check ur oil

ah i think those cars would be the **** if they were AWD still really nice.i forgot if you posted this but did u check ur oil
ya they would be better either RWD or AWD but there are still allot of fast ones out there. ya everything else checks out good oil is good no leaks or anything but i want to get this done either way schools coming up and then winter don't want to have to deal with any problems.

Unless your resevoir has rust in it, which is should not because you have a GM and should not add any water, then there is no reason for a coolant flush.
Dexcool will degrade and gum up the cooling system. They say it is 5yr 150k coolant, but it isn't.

I find after 2-3 years and 50-75k miles it typically needs to be flushed.

$100 for a coolant flush is about the normal fee.

Also it wouldn't hurt to do a complete drain and flush and switch over to standard green coolant.

Dexcool will degrade and gum up the cooling system. They say it is 5yr 150k coolant, but it isn't.I find after 2-3 years and 50-75k miles it typically needs to be flushed.

$100 for a coolant flush is about the normal fee.

Also it wouldn't hurt to do a complete drain and flush and switch over to standard green coolant.
ya thats why i want to get it flushed out. i have more than 150k and dont know if the original owner ever changed it so id rather be safe than sorry. if it ends up cost 100 bucks id do it my self. just keep putting in water and running it and drain until it comes out clean.

Dexcool = crap. From a GM tech here. Most crap I have even seen. Puts the junk in the overfill bottle. Uggg I hate it. Gloggs everything...... Drain that crap out. Discounnet as many hoses as you can find flush it ALL out and put in green coolant.

i put some **** into the coolant and let the engine run for a few minutes,some stuff that was supposed to clean up the **** inside iono

then flush it with a water house

smelled like **** just do it in the grass or something and it wont be a mess

doubt itll harm the grass

i put some **** into the coolant and let the engine run for a few minutes,some stuff that was supposed to clean up the **** inside ionothen flush it with a water house

smelled like **** just do it in the grass or something and it wont be a mess

doubt itll harm the grass
My god, I hope people don't have well water around you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.