honda/acura question

you must be racing kids that don't know how to race for ****?
The integra type-r I raced most frequentyl was I guy I worked with. Acutually he races SCCA quite often and does pretty well. The 5cyl just doesnt get the respect it deserves. But I'm tryin to make sure it will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

understeer has nothing to do with drag racing and yes it will put it in the 13's we just did a swap into a 95 civic. and im refering to the jdm not the h22a4 which is the american version which is 190hp.

The engine wont make it understeer....moronIts the power and crappy handling
no, its because the engine is a heavy piece of **** and isnt as efficient as a b16 would be when considering weight to power ratio... u moron.

first, the most heaviest thing in car move a few inch in front(compare to b engine), in a FF, it means alot.(bad handling, its not just the heavy weight from the motor, its also because of the position, some ppl said just use a CF hood to reduce the weight and u will be ok, its not going to work)
second, due to the small engine bay of civic, the engine is not sit right, the center of garvity is higher than b-block.

third, due to the engine is not belong to civic/integra chassis, the tranny is not align right to the wheel, the axles is not sit right, with that kind of torque, u will have lot of issue about the axles.

if your car is daily driven and u want to have some fun in road track, then stay away(edited) h22.(however, in 1/4, its hella fast though)
... yay let's jump on the h22 bandwagon!! look at the specs on paper so pretty! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Wow the b16 is a piece of **** thats why anyone who wants any kinda performance from a civic opts for a b18 or h22a swap. unless of course they go forced induction. I do agree that the b18 is a better motor all around than the h22 but for the money its just better. you can get a jdm h22 shipped to your door for 1600 where as a b18 is like 4500 or something around there.

Also yeah noobs definently right bout understeer being a problem because of such a heavy motor but with a good suspension you can fix that and also in drag racing steering is not an issue.

im not worried about the price i know a honda importer that can get me the engine/motor package at cost(wholesale) price streight from japan for about $1200 .

210hp b18c5 has better handling than the h22 so im thinkin the b18 would be a better choice.

honestly, you learn to drive with the heavier engine

people always overplay handling dilemmas with heavier engine swaps

i had an 87 gti with a vr6 in it, and it didn't handle that great, but strut tower braces, a cage, and coilovers did he trick, at autox'ing pulling your foot off the gas still made it oversteer, it was nasty

i wouldn't worry about front end weight too much if you can afford to increase the rigidity of the chassis and some good suspension

you need a cage anyways if you're gonna run real events, or autox anyways

just my $.02

until i noticed you dont care about price... i woulda said a decent option would be the b18c1 (gsr motor) as opposed to the c5 because its cheaper and you can make up the difference with some internals that match your needs more specifically. but i guess if you just want a motor all together and done the way it is, knock yourself out get a itr motor. i'd much rather have a k-series than a b-series however.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.