help...solo x 18 in a mitsubishi eclipse

99mitseclipse
10+ year member

say what?
so im going for the impossible...trying to fit 1 solo x 18 into my 99 mits eclipse. i know the only way to fit this would be to wall it off right behind my headrest. does anyone have any ideas that could work, that would save me my back seats? i heard i need 12 cubes of room, but im not sure if thats a guess or the exact. if i can get this to work, i can easily hit in the 155's. thanks for all your time.

so im going for the impossible...trying to fit 1 solo x 18 into my 99 mits eclipse. i know the only way to fit this would be to wall it off right behind my headrest. does anyone have any ideas that could work, that would save me my back seats? i heard i need 12 cubes of room, but im not sure if thats a guess or the exact. if i can get this to work, i can easily hit in the 155's. thanks for all your time.
Way too many variables, and if you're planning 155's on music, I'm afraid you're dreaming sir. Good woofer, tons of displacement, just not that loud. If you're talking about burping at 55, possibly.

You SHOULD be able to do it without a wall, there's quite a few people who are running a dual 15 setup under the window line just behind the rear seats. The Solo X's do like larger boxes though, as you indicated.

You will not have room behind your rear seats to do it either, you're gonna have to take those seats out if you want to accomplish any type of goals.

Also, it's time to start looking for alternators and trying to keep in mind room for your amplifier and batteries. You have a pretty good job ahead of you. Check around the forum and try to talk to people who have more experience with your particular vehicle.

a sub isnt what gets you in the 150's.. its your power. and not just your amps power but your power supply as in batteries, alternators, wires etc... 155 is a bit high of expectations on music for that sub.... and actually i have seen people do 2 18's in a non wall in an eclipse and do 153's on music.. those were 2 tc sounds lms ultras. also had 9 batteries... takes more to get loud than your thinking unfortunatly

a sub isnt what gets you in the 150's.. its your power. and not just your amps power but your power supply as in batteries, alternators, wires etc... 155 is a bit high of expectations on music for that sub.... and actually i have seen people do 2 18's in a non wall in an eclipse and do 153's on music.. those were 2 tc sounds lms ultras. also had 9 batteries... takes more to get loud than your thinking unfortunatly
I agree for the most part. The woofers have a little bit to do with it, granted that Solo X is going to need a recone or two if you run more than 3k rms in a daily enclosure to it.

Fact of the matter is, with TWO of these 18's, 6k rms on tap with a strong electrical, wall, and a good box build, you're still going to have a hell of a time doing a 55 on music, I dont honestly think it possible in the vehicle and this situation, but you never know.

Once again, best of luck to you. Plan on upgrading your electrical first, then worry about substage. Also, make friends with a designer and someone who has experience with your vehicle.

And those two 18" Ultras were pretty nice in the video, the front glass moved like hell.

i dont plan on running over 3k daily. and i do realize im going to need a high output alternator and probably another battery or 2. i plan on getting 2 kicker 2500's for now, until i have the money to upgrade. all i needed to know was if there was any way i could fit it behind my rear seats. thanks for all your help guys.

Two kicker 2500's will put you in excess of 5k rms, they're pretty **** solid amplifiers.

With two 2500.1's, I would suggest, at least, a 200+ amp alternator and 3-4 group 31 batteries.

And nope, take the rear seats out and get to it. Good luck and keep us updated bud

x2

2 kx or zx2500.1's is mucho power even "for now."

and dudes eclipse slams.

"hold the film, i'll play something that hits." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

in a less than optimum enclosure you can do it but not with 12 cf. good luck getting a 1 note wonder sub to hit 140 on music in that car unless you do as already suggested and wall it off. you would be better off with 3 - 12's IMO or 2 really good 12's and 5kw

the box doesnt look that big though..i mean looking at all that flex, its gotta be ported; but it just looks small to me (for 18's at least)
By all means, I hear ya.

At the same time, Eclipses flex pretty easily from what I can tell, and once they start they dont stop, they just keep on falling apart haha

If I'm not mistaken, the box also gets plenty deeper with the removal of the rear seats, there's a dip there that allows the depth of the box to increase quite a bit. I might be wrong though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.