Help me decide 6.5 comp set on budget...

i know...lots of posts on subject. i just thought narrowing down and saying what amp would run would get me some better conclusions.

so far ive been suggested almost everything BUT what i had it narrowed down too. haha

so far im still leaning toward the polks....don't know that i could really go wrong with them...

I have the polk, and i like them a lot. i did whole lot of research too, and went with the polk. For overall sound quality, i think it's one of the best and reliable set in your price range.

Not trying to steal the thread or anything but i'm in the same situation. Is the exlipse 6.5" set better or the alpine type r 6.5"? Running off head unit power

Doubt it, you need some power to run components as the crossover eats power and the Eclipse's are known to be power hungry.

I would just get some coax's temporarily till you can get an amp for the highs then get a component set.

Fpr deck power I would get the least amount of speakers(so 2way over 3 way) and ones with a lower rms and higher spl sensitivity at 1w/1m

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.