heart stopping double kick-drum!!

Eclipse = awesome double kick
way to not be vague //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i was going to say idmax but like you said not overwhelming bass but very accurate. replicated death metal beats the best of any sub ive owned. i remember my sealed l7s being pretty good but that was so long ago plus ive chalked taht up to the "first real system golden memory" or whatever. but i do remember htem 4 12s rockin out.

yeah i'd need about 3 idmax's to get the sound im looking for.. mike at image dynamics told me to go with 4 idq15's(sealed). wow that would crank like hell!!!

This is really simple. Use Alumapro Alchemy MX subs, and Rainbow Profi Kick Components .... I have watched dimes jump off my dash when massive double kick drum music is playing .... Period.

StereoIntegrity.com

Agreed. At this point it is the most rugged sub I've played in my car. The build on it is just crazy. I kinda wish I would have got two 12's. The single 15 goes low and can be quite punchy (punchier than my last set of 10's) and gets loud but that single 15 needs a big size box and I got a little size car. It uses quite a bit of trunk space. 12's don't take much space in comparison (1 cft each sealed). Here's a cool thread of what happened when 2 sealed 12's were entered in a sq and spl competition.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6255

you want gut wrenching bass that's accurate the SI magnum is what you need IMO. also you say you have midbass but what are you running up front with what kind of power? get 2 magnum 12"s and another DLS A6 run them in about 5.5ish cuft ported and you'll be happy.

yeah i'd need about 3 idmax's to get the sound im looking for.. mike at image dynamics told me to go with 4 idq15's(sealed). wow that would crank like hell!!!
yeah i called id about 3 days after my idmax arrived for box specs. stephen, i think it was, was telling me i shold have gone with mulitple idq's. but i really wanted a max and it did what i wanted out of it. i would like to mess with some idq's, but i guess im waiting til at least the new line comes out. stephen told me the same thing that one of the guys from re said, 2 or more 15s sealed is the way to go. but ive always liked 12s myself. out of just pure opinion, not performance.

that is insane!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
no its retarded.

you need to calculate the tuning of an enclosure, and just for your info - a sealed enclosure will get your subs playing a smoother rolloff and will allow them to play higher into the kickdrum midbass frequencies.

i dunnaw about you guys, but my IDQ15's kick my ass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.