Head unit install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

TempestCraft

Alright! Its been about 12 years since I did any of this.

I'm looking at installing a Sony MEX-XB100BT in my 2000 Volvo S70. I'm pretty sure it has a the premium sound package, I got it used a few years ago so I'm not sure, but the fidelity in the car is pretty great, I'm mostly sick of having the cassette deck adapter it to connect my phone and whatnot. For the price, this head unit seemed to have the most power and good reviews on sound quality. I'm also up for debate on whether or not this is the unit to buy. I live in a sort of ****** neighborhood so I don't want anything to flashy. hahaha

So questions I need answered, one review said this unit should have dedicated power from the battery to run the extra amp. True/false? Better if you do but you don't need too? Two, I need a double din to single din face plate thing, I can't seem to find one, so I'm probably not searching the correct criteria. Also, the harness, what harness fits this thing and my car?

I used to dabble in the car audio stuff in highschool, installed subwoofers, some radios and amps, but I'm pretty out of the loop, I work in a machine shop so tools aren't a problem as well as mechanical knowledge.

Thank you!

So questions I need answered, one review said this unit should have dedicated power from the battery to run the extra amp. True/false?
True.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Two, I need a double din to single din face plate thing, I can't seem to find one, so I'm probably not searching the correct criteria. Also, the harness, what harness fits this thing and my car?
Car Stereo Installation at Crutchfield.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.