Hard-hitting SQ sub suggestions. $250 budget.

idmax 10

brahma 10

05 re xxx 10

diamond audio tdx 10

Fi Q (not my personal fav)

Oz ME 10

SS RL-i 10

JL 10w6v2

dd 3510 ( i hear sound good in the right box)

AA avalanche (not sure if they make 10's)

there's a bunch out there man....

if u have at least 1000w to work with id go with a single used 05 re xxx10. i loved my xxx so much and i miss it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Looking to get a set of 10' subs for my 03' Civic EX to replace my bulky PG Titanium 15's. Looking for something punchy and hard hitting, with the ultimate goal being SQ. Something that would work well in a 1-1.3cf per chamber sealed box. Will be running these off a Concept CD-2410 at a 2ohm load, for around 1100 watts for the pair. $250-275 budget. Rest of system will include an 880PRS, and SLC or Crystal frontstage.

il ship you 1 of my 12" dual 4 rl-ps for 150 + ship.

or both of them for $330

Looking to get a set of 10' subs for my 03' Civic EX to replace my bulky PG Titanium 15's. Looking for something punchy and hard hitting, with the ultimate goal being SQ. Something that would work well in a 1-1.3cf per chamber sealed box. Will be running these off a Concept CD-2410 at a 2ohm load, for around 1100 watts for the pair. $250-275 budget. Rest of system will include an 880PRS, and SLC or Crystal frontstage.
If you could find a pair of Boston Acoustics LF Pro series like the 10.5s , you would be kicking serious SQ ass ! I used them for years , and their tonality , transient speed , and accuracy are about as good as it gets.

Wow, I bought a couple of those Bostons back when they were new, "awesome SQ" everyone said. Ha! They sound awful imo, like really bad. Sloppy if you ask me, and needed a big box iirc. And their output is nothing to write home about. Too bad, one of the best looking subs ever made imo, but their performance just isn't there. I later settled on PPI Pro's, which sounded MUCH better (again imo).

I too would be looking at the IDv3's.

Dude, you gotta put them in the right box! I did, and they played great. I had other people make comments about how good they sounded, so obviously they didn't sound "sloppy". These "other people" were guys that had their own systems. They had Rockford subs, PPI subs, Orion subs, Kicker subs, you name it. True, the output wasn't that of other tens, but then that's the usual trade-off of SQ vs SPL subs. I really don't know how you experienced a problem with them unless you installed them incorrectly. As one installer told me,"A good install can make a bad sub sound decent, and a bad install can make a good sub sound bad." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nutkick.gif.acc8dcd6c1bd27fba0cbeda5b212085c.gif

Dude, you gotta put them in the right box! I did, and they played great. I had other people make comments about how good they sounded, so obviously they didn't sound "sloppy". These "other people" were guys that had their own systems. They had Rockford subs, PPI subs, Orion subs, Kicker subs, you name it. True, the output wasn't that of other tens, but then that's the usual trade-off of SQ vs SPL subs. I really don't know how you experienced a problem with them unless you installed them incorrectly. As one installer told me,"A good install can make a bad sub sound decent, and a bad install can make a good sub sound bad." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nutkick.gif.acc8dcd6c1bd27fba0cbeda5b212085c.gif
IIRC, I tried 3 different boxes. And Im no noob, I just didn't like them. Im not alone, they weren't very good sellers. But to each their own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.