SOLD FS: Carputer (flip-out screen + mac mini)

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
I looking to sell my old carputer. This consisted of an older mac mini and a 7 inch motorized flip-out screen. the screen was bought from mp3car.com and both are in perfect working condition with minor cosmetic scratches. looking to sell because i no longer have a car after my old broke down and was unable to find a job for the summer, need money for going back to school.

Mac Mini Specs:

Mac OS X: 10.4.11

Processor: 1.4 Ghz PowerPc G4

Memory: 512 MB DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: 74.41 Gb, with 60GB free

Comes with a DVI to VGA connector

7 Inch Screen Spec:

7 inch motorized touch screen

VGA input and USB for touch screen,

Uses same connections as headunit

has 3 composite inputs for TV, PS2, etc

This is just a touch screen, it must be connected to a source for output

Not like Alpine units or pioneer, IT IS JUST A SCREEN

I am looking to sell both for $220 shipped/BEST OFFER, I will also throw in a free 20 ft usb extender for making a long usb run for the touchscreen.

pics:

P6230320.jpg

P6230317.jpg

P6230318.jpg

P6230316.jpg

P6230314.jpg

P6230313.jpg

P6230312.jpg

Thanks

Brian

I am lo

forgot to mention the 7 inch flip-out screen is a single din. i have the casing for it, so it installs like a single din headunit.

Screen has the ability to change multiple angles for sunlight and readability.

didnt get a pm from you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i want this mac mini

ya theres two ways to power it, either the an inverter and the power brick, which is what i did, or the better way is to go to mp3car

and purchase a power supply that they sell with an auto turn on. there is someone interested in both if he falls through by friday its yours

oklet me know man. really want it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the mac mini has itunes, quicktime, firefox, all the basics really nothing fancy. it has 60gb free of 74gb, so theres not too much on it besides the os and a few standard mac programs.

hey man, my girl just bought a different setup. i was going to spend the money this for her.

im trying to get some cash gathered up though, still wouldnt mind having this.

do you know if theres any navi or some sort of car HU programs for these?

ya the mac has several frontends for it just check mp3car.com, but i think the best option is to put a linux distro on it and run road runner as a front end, im almost positive u can compile it under linux, it a very full featured front end, i used it on windows before i got the mac mini.

if anyone is just interested in the screen i am looking to sell it for $120. it doesnt have to be used with a computer- it will easily connect to a ps2, xbox, dvd player anything with a yellow composite video cable, it also the ability to be used with a backup camera, so you can view the back of your car.

At the very least it can be wired to a computer the same way as a car, it fits into a computer's 5.25 cd/dvd tray and can be used as a headless touchscreen computer or server.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.