For all you that think L7s take anything...

I picked up a pair, hooked them up to my PA a3000db, 20 minutes, boom.Goodbye sub.

How the **** is everyones L7s taking all this power and mine blow in 20 minutes? Shitty luck?

Gains were low, bass control low, volume low. boom.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
where they the 06' versions?

I will say that this situation is pretty much a clear cut case of sending a clipped signal. Let me take a wild guess here, it wasn't loud enough so you decided to turn the gain up some more?

What type of box do you have? I think thats the culprit. I blew a couple when running a pre-fabbed ported box when they first came out. I got a custom one and now no problems

Ive had my 15" L7 on 1400 watts daily. You just have to know how to set the gain properly, have a decent box and not go crazy. I have my 15 in 4.5 cubes net tuned to 32 Hz and I can play it all day long.

Like crap? No. Great? No.

But, are they a SQ sub? Nope.

They are what they are, a relatively low priced SPL sub. If that's not what you're looking for, get something else.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Like crap? No. Great? No.

But, are they a SQ sub? Nope.

They are what they are, a relatively low priced SPL sub. If that's not what you're looking for, get something else.
exactly, of course your not going to get the SQL of a w6 or something similar, but for almost 1/2 the price you get pretty darn close and dominate in output...

Im going to put my money on the fact that the box was so tiny.

Signal was not clipped, tuned properly, and the subs my brother owned for a year SEVERELY underpowered getting like 300rms each. The box was a tiny prefab ported box, I figured it'd work for a week while I had the new box built. Guess not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.