For all you that think L7s take anything...

NJTStang11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago, IL
I picked up a pair, hooked them up to my PA a3000db, 20 minutes, boom.

Goodbye sub.

How the **** is everyones L7s taking all this power and mine blow in 20 minutes? Shitty luck?

Gains were low, bass control low, volume low. boom.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I haven't had any but i was researching them and most people say they have to be broken in for about 20 hours or they will blow.

I am not certain but this is what i have heard from people

The deal on break-in is that with use they will get more output (my Dls did) but it is not needed to make it work properly- it will have the same power handling before and after and should work well initially out of the box and may improve after 10hours of use or so. Sounds like you got a bad one or did something stupid.

BULL-BUTTER ive got two hooked up to a ZX2500.1 and that amp pwns that PA anyday i think you had something wrong in somewhere but dont blame the subs i bet its your fault they blew.... thread

i have two o6 15's each running on its own kicker 1500.1 all day everyday. no problem what so ever. the only time i have ever got them to smell alittle bit is played them none stop heavy bass cd's for a good 30 min+ at full tilt. but even then it was just the coils heating up

i had an original 2002 model L7 with a boss 3000D (a lanzar vibe 1400D) in a 6 cube, high tuned enclosure.

i had no idea what clipping was. i had no idea what a subsonic filter was.

I just cranked it, and let it rip.

Never gave me problems once. And the new ones are way way stronger.

I would say you bought an L7 that was on it's way out already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.