First Time Subwoofer Buyer Looking For Help

unknown54

NC
Hello all, first time on here and need some advice.

I'm looking for a good starter subwoofer that does not particularly take up a lot of space in my 05 Subaru outback wagon, so ive been looking at:

JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3

and

Rockford Fosgate P2L-112

I'm looking for the better sound quality turned up loud.

If you have any other suggestions that would be great, my price range is really not much more than 200$.

Also, this is the amp i was looking at pushing them:

RF P300-1

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=108231&locale=en_us

Thanks for the Advice.

you gotta buy a crappy system first and get that one out the way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif but i think the jl will have better sq that the rockford

don't buy either.

you can get better setup for your money.

how much are you looking to spend on amp?

500?? you can get a better sub and amp and have enuff left over to get a Mc D's value meal and supersize it ...

if you must tho.. go with the JL..

well all im looking for is something in a sleek enclosure to save as much space as possible. If you got any ideas it would be great if you can let me know for a good SQ setup for that price

well all im looking for is something in a sleek enclosure to save as much space as possible. If you got any ideas it would be great if you can let me know for a good SQ setup for that price
I would just got to home depot and buy some mdf and build a box the size you are looking for. Its not that difficult to put one together. It dont have to be perfect you know... this is your first ghetto set up. If you have to get one of the two subs... as much as I love Fosgate, go with the JL. Oh and the amp... just hop on ebay and buy something like a power acoustik or a hifonics and bump that. Thats how you do the ghetto build.

I would just got to home depot and buy some mdf and build a box the size you are looking for. Its not that difficult to put one together. It dont have to be perfect you know... this is your first ghetto set up. If you have to get one of the two subs... as much as I love Fosgate, go with the JL. Oh and the amp... just hop on ebay and buy something like a power acoustik or a hifonics and bump that. Thats how you do the ghetto build.
x2. da JL will do just fine for what your tryin to get....btw welcome to da bumpin family!!

I think everyone is on the same page... EBAY! Get everything you need on ebay for cheap. You like JL and Fosgate... You can buy something like 2 12's for $250 and get it in a safe transaction. Now thats what Im talking about!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.