Eclipse 8445 Non-fade output..mono less?!? bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

rsfaze
10+ year member

Orlando
When the non fade output is set to mono there is LESS bass then when it's set to stereo. I have the input going to an Orion Xtreme 400.2 which I am running bridged at 4ohm. The Xtreme has a left and right channel phase switch, the left can be 0 or 180 and the right can be 0,180 and mono bridge.

I've read through the manual 100 times on how the phase switches change which gain control is active and which channel is out of phase from the other, but no matter what combo I've tried I still get ALOT more bass when the output on the h/u is set to stereo.

I'm 31 and I can't ever remember a stereo signal going to the subs playing louder then if it was a mono single. What am I missing?

right and left channel combine into one ( basically like LFE in Home theater ) So in theory you losing 3 db.. 0 phase, stereo settings and your good..

right and left channel combine into one ( basically like LFE in Home theater ) So in theory you losing 3 db.. 0 phase, stereo settings and your good..
hmm I never thought about it that way. I swear I switched the phase control 15 times on the amp and was stumped each time I got more bass when in stereo then when in mono.

Couple phase switches in mono and there was no bass at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.