ebay seller sold me a blown hk4000d! so i did this!

dcole18 is and was proven to be a scammer therefore anything you say in this thread or any other is irrelevant.http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358474&highlight=dcole18
because i had a bad transaction which is in the process of being fixed on ANOTHER forum nothing i say is relevent?... im not following your thought process here

no1 here usually gets offended easily {yeah right} nah the mods need a good laugh once in a while so they keep em open.
GO AWAY YOU WORTHLESS TROLL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i'll argue about stuff just to get people riled up at times. but it really does bother me when people that don't WTF they are talking about start giving ******** advice in the help sections.
GO AWAY YOU WORTHLESS TROLL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nope, not getting dumb just bored. with being laid off earlier this year i have more free time to spend arguing over the internet. also out of school until Jan. 12th so getting kinda stir crazy.

yea, been reading those for school lol

It's amazing how many uneducated fucks there are around here.
uneducated and don't know the law huh...?

Where did you get your bachelors in Criminal Justoce? Cause i can tell you where i got mine...

It is amazing how many people on here THINK they know **** but are usualy the most ignorant of the bunch.

uneducated and don't know the law huh...?Where did you get your bachelors in Criminal Justoce? Cause i can tell you where i got mine...

It is amazing how many people on here THINK they know **** but are usualy the most ignorant of the bunch.

kinda like you claiming to know more than a mega million dollar corp. like paypal.

besides, "as-is" is a policy not a law. and in some agreements the as-is policy gets trumpted by other policies. As-is is not the end all be all in the aggreement the seller signed when he signed up with paypal.

but anyway, did you look to see if the seller you bought the 6500D from is the same one i bought one from? he shipped from south fl. were u the one who left him a feadback telling him he was crazy for selling so low?

this guy

http://myworld.ebay.com/jeramydean

Not the same guy...
however i did say he was crazy for selling them so cheap... my ebay username is the same as on here... it was this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/and771.2007 I guess his rating was 10 when i bought the amp....

sry i put up the wrong link but , we did buy from the same guy at about the same time. i'm dirtymoneypat. look at his feadback and mine is wrght after yours

item is bnib thanks alot best price ever seen on this item Buyer: dirtymoneypat ( 56) Aug-20-08 13:10

-- (#110277988432) --

you are crazy for letting these go so cheap! $1K amp easily! FANTASTIC SELLER!! Buyer: k_schutte ( 134) Aug-14-08 14:41

-- (#110277987346) --

Cool. Also i wanted to make sure you know i wasn't trying to "attack" you or anything like that. I am glad you got your money back if you feel 100% that you got scammed. Personaly that is not how i see it but...

I have to wonder if some of the persons replying to this thread would pass an IQ test at all. Some appear to be elder members of this forum. Apparently that does not equate to brains or knowledge.

One post talked about used cars being sold "as is" and that if the car breaks down you are then stuck with it. While in some cases a failure would be considered your problem as the buyer, a car that breaks down that has a fundamental portion fail such as brakes or transmission or engine would be considered a voidable transaction because there is an implied warranty of merchantability in all goods sold, new or used, and in the case of a car, you cannot sell a car "as is" if it can't go down the road safely or continuously and a basic functioning component fails. Check your state's version of the Uniform Commercial Code, it is in there or in another section of your state statutes governing sales.

As to the DOA amplifier, I read several posts of people stating in various terms how they would not buy on eBay a used amplifier because you could be stuck with a dead amplifer with no recourse, and that the people at Paypal are idiots for reversing this transaction. That is also incorrect.

Paypal and eBay have policies that protect buyers if a product is not delivered as represented. Or not as described. This seller said things to lead a reasonable person to believe the amplifier not only worked but pumps out enough sound to make the neighbors move. Selling an electronic product "as is" does not absolve the seller of liability if the item arrives in non-working condition. This situation is clearly stated in Paypal's claims policies. I have used it myself to get a partial refund on a home electronics item I purchased, that worked, but just barely, when I got it. The seller is responsible for delivering a working piece of electronics unless they state clearly that it does not work or that they do not know if it works. "As is" in most cases of audio equipment simply means if it stops working AFTER you install it and use it for a while, then too bad, you have to fix it, because a capacitor, transistor, diode, rectifier or power supply could fail at any time after you start to use it. Paypal is there to use if things go south on your purchase. Make your claim in a timely manner, and you can stop payment until the problem gets ironed out. It's really beautiful when you use it correctly. And the people with Paypal are not idiots, they know what they are doing.

I have bought several used amplifiers on eBay and have so far only had one DOA amplifier. I just got one that had a capacitor rattling around loose inside and the seller was straight up with me and is paying to have the amplifier fixed for me, at a reputable repair facility.

Here is the way I see buying used audio on eBay. I buy desireable old school amps and other stuff for car audio on eBay. Orion, Soundstream, etc. Most of it was made before 2000. If it is something I want, I buy it knowing it could fail some time after I buy it. I never buy anything I am not willing to spend at least $100 to fix in the future. But I assume this is a cost of buying what I consider superior audio to the crap they make today that is outsourced to China, Korea, or some other country that has bad quality control or none at all and has criminal labor practices. I try to buy from the same sellers, ones with a history of selling what I am looking for. I make sure I ask the seller questions before bidding. Such as "have you bench or field tested this amplifier?" Or "can you post or email me photos of the ends and the bottom of the amplifier? They are not in your auction listing." That is the same thing I would do with anything else that I may buy more than once on eBay. And I check their feedback. If they have negative feedback, I read it and if it is suspicious (either from buyers or sellers), I just pass on the item and look for it to be sold by someone trustworthy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slapmaster

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
slapmaster
mobile al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date