Doors still sag?! WTF

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
I replaced my beat to **** doors on my 91 chevy 1500 today with some straight doors, i went and bought new bushings and door pins and installed the doors. After all that work, the motherf'ers still sag and you have to shut them with force. What the hell?!

its nothing to see its flat black with blue doors lol.

When the doors are open and you lift up on them, there is no play like it was, but they go up about an inch or an inch and half when you shut them and the same (drop) when you open them. Im thinking the only thing it could be is the hinges on the body are bent at an angle like this / causing the doors to sag at the ends?

i assumed they wouldnt be bent as thick as they are. **** i guess i have to take the doors BACK off and see. Thats got to be the problem, they didnt sag on the donor truck

mine sag too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i have about 40 pounds of deadener/mlv in each door though so at least they are quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you can adjust the striker, does the end of it look like a torx? if so you can loosen it and move it up or down about a 1/4 inch each way

edit- ill be on aim for a while if you wanna hit me up

Yeach check out that door sticker/check first. See if it being rubbed on to much. Even your latch part will show signs of it being off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.