dimming lights help ???

tdford5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
ok been in the game for about 10yrs now and im stump on this one , maybe some help ,first off running a Kinetik KHC1800 battery a 2 farad cap 0 guage monster wire and my head lights are still dimming badly ,, this is in a 2007 chevy hhr lt2 with a 110 amp stock alternator ,, any help or ideas

thanks

ok been in the game for about 10yrs now and im stump on this one , maybe some help ,first off running a Kinetik KHC1800 battery a 2 farad cap 0 guage monster wire and my head lights are still dimming badly ,, this is in a 2007 chevy hhr lt2 with a 110 amp stock alternator ,, any help or ideas thanks
well theres you're first 3 problems...lose the cap upgrade your alt and the most important is to do your big 3.

useless cut corner piece of equipment imo
They can help filter ripple. It's doing a lot more to hold the voltage up around 14v than the batt is. Too many people recommend batts in the back for no good reason. They are a parasitic drain and should only be used if the amp can dip the voltage below 12.6v.

oh ok gotcha thank you ,, oh steve meade the master ,,, thats what ***** kinda, my battery is in the trunk thats why i thought i was losing power up front to the lights...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.