Did I fry the internal amp??

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrgraffix

iowa
I think I might have REALLY screwed up when I was installing my Pioneer DEH-P9400MP yesterday in a '97 Cavalier. Before I replaced dash & door panels I checked to make sure everything worked and my fr & rr channels hooked directly to HU worked fine. i then plugged in rca cables for subwoofer amp & slid radio into dash and replaced interior. Before hooking rca's to sub amp I plugged battery back in and attempted to check that everything was still kosher on fr & rr channels. No sound whatsoever. Power to stereo, and everything works on HU just no audio. It is possible that the rca cables that I had plugged into HU but not yet into amp touched one another (left & rt channel). Would that be enough to smoke the 4 ch internal amp in my HU? Is there an internal fuse that hopefully would protect??

the RCA's are not related to the speaker outputs - except up at the pre-amp.

how did you make your connections? if one wire strand was shoring out your internal amp would shut off. you need to pull your HU and inspect all of your connections.

there is no fuse protecting the speaker outputs. some head units are good about internal protection, some aren't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.