Bypass ignition cutoff in scorpion alarm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

NoPh33rRaCiNg
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kent, WA
One of my friends just got a older lifted suburban, his alarm doesnt work anymore and he has to hotwire it to get it started. it has a really old scorpion alarm, never heard of it... but what basic wires would you usually have to play with to bypass that so he doesnt have to hotwire it all the time? what color should the wires be?

I doubt anyone will be able to tell you the alarm colors but if he is hot wiring it he knows the vehicle colors so start there.

Also why not take the alarm out if it doesnt work?

I doubt anyone will be able to tell you the alarm colors but if he is hot wiring it he knows the vehicle colors so start there.
Also why not take the alarm out if it doesnt work?
he wants to take it out so he can hopefully just connect the two back together that are making it so he cant start it normally. i dont know how wiring works with alarms just seeing if anyone has any ideas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

well pull the alarm and tell him to just reconnect those 2 wires back together, solder them tho.
yea thats what i was thinking, i was just asking if theres an overall basic wire color for those 2 wires?

Depends on whether or not it's onboard or outboard starter kill. If it's onboard, then the starter wire will be cut, and you just connect it back together. A butt connector is sufficient. If it's outboard, just unplug the brain. It sounds as if it's onboard, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.