Alarm without power locks?

eric12421
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
Hey guys,

I'm riding in a 1999 Ford Ranger standard cab 5 speed now and I'm looking to get an alarm for it. Is there any way I can have one installed..I dont need one to unlock and lock the **** thing but I'd like to have shock sensor or something for the rear sliding window. It doesnt ahve power locks or windows....Doesnt anyone know if I can jsut get alarm?

Eric

Yea, I jsut dont feel like wiring in all the relays from ford, kinda of a pain in hte ass...I kinda like the simplicity of no power windows, no power locks....its quite different then my audi, what a wiring headache

you can pick up door acuators......i think it takes 3 relays and some knowledge of wiring.

I put my alarm in my 95 ranger last year. Its actually really easyto do your self...i suggest using a power probe they are handy and made my alarm install time only about an hour and a half

you can pick up door acuators......i think it takes 3 relays and some knowledge of wiring.
I put my alarm in my 95 ranger last year. Its actually really easyto do your self...i suggest using a power probe they are handy and made my alarm install time only about an hour and a half
You can pick up everything you need from directed electronics. I had a 94 base xl that I added power windows and door locks to. Took about 3 hours to do. If you are dead set against that, then i would not pay to have a alarm installed because all they will hook up is the domelight trigger and shock sensor. This would be a 4 wire install. Buy a cheap alarm of ebay and do it yourself.

I am in the same situation, PM 6spdcoupe and he will get you the same model I just bought.

It is fully upgradable for adding prxomity zone, power locks, power windows, remote start etc in the future. It is Matrix something, iirc

Power locks takes 2 regular SPDT relays, and not specific Ford parts. The door panels come off pretty easily, and mounting the actuators is cake. The door lock kits are $15/ea at Car Toys, and you can get relays at most electrical supply stores for a buck. The wiring info is readily available on the web.

2 relays

85 - lock/unlock output from alarm

86 - +12v

30 - lock/unlock wire from actuators, match with the outputs

87a - Ground

87 - +12v

Just use a single wire for the +12v and fuse it @ 15A. If that's not quite enough, which it should be fine, go up to 20A.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.