box advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoganW8000

CarAudio.com Newbie
made up a 1:6 scale mock up of my box that I'm planning on making the red is the cuts and the rulers are showing the scale length

Class A/B 4-Channel Full-Range Car Amplifier 60 x 4 RMS @4 OHM 1200 Watts
GEN-X Full-Range Class D 4-Channel Amplifier 4 x 300 Watts Rms @ 4-ohm
10FR300 x4
D230Ti-S x2
WG11-25 x2

Screenshot 2024-04-12 12.08.14 PM.png

made up a 1:6 scale mock up of my box that I'm planning on making the red is the cuts and the rulers are showing the scale length

Class A/B 4-Channel Full-Range Car Amplifier 60 x 4 RMS @4 OHM 1200 Watts
GEN-X Full-Range Class D 4-Channel Amplifier 4 x 300 Watts Rms @ 4-ohm
10FR300 x4
D230Ti-S x2
WG11-25 x2

View attachment 58037
also wondering if they have enough room to breathe and if I should or have to vent/port the box the lone small circle is going to be a gromet for the speaker wires to go through without having too much of a leak

The 10FR300 is a 10" midrange with a wizzer cone - not really going to get much lowend or midbass out of it. THey are also a 8 ohm driver which I assume you are going to run in parallel at 4 ohms to mate up with the compression dome horns.

What is the goal here as so far this looks like a balls to the walls loud and proud (or not) system, volume at all cost kinda setup?

Both the amps listed put out enough power for those tweeters to make your ears bleed, kind of ridiculous power for tweeters, especially 105db units.

Uggh. Nothing worse than going to an audio show with an obnoxious stunt wall blaring terrible sounding music at 152 DB.
I mean I get it, um, no I don't... The only truly great sounding compression horns I;ve ever heard are from Klipsch and some Ev's, JBL's and they start at like a grand each for just the driver without the horn. I would prefer to listen to my "no highs, no lows OEM Bose" setup than install bullet tweeters next to my ears, to each his own, I guess.

The 10FR300 is a 10" midrange with a wizzer cone - not really going to get much lowend or midbass out of it. THey are also a 8 ohm driver which I assume you are going to run in parallel at 4 ohms to mate up with the compression dome horns.

What is the goal here as so far this looks like a balls to the walls loud and proud (or not) system, volume at all cost kinda setup?

Both the amps listed put out enough power for those tweeters to make your ears bleed, kind of ridiculous power for tweeters, especially 105db units.
i have a 15 already for the lows ita a little over kill for a crew cab but I like it and I was hoping it would sound better and louder than my old ds18 wall that ran on a 600w amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...