Big3 mess up

Hey guys

So i did the big 3.

New battery

New terminals better wiring.

After i finished (didnt try start car yet)

I dropped a wrench in the engine bay. It touched the alts + to the engine mount. A few sparks flew. So quickly grabbed the wrench out of there. It was quite warm. Anyway

Tried to start my car... yup. A single click and nothing else. Lights and everythin in the car works. But not able to start.

Any ideas???? Fuses? Starter motor?

Thnx in advance

Hey guys
So i did the big 3.

New battery

I dropped a wrench in the engine bay. It touched the alts + to the engine mount. A few sparks flew. So quickly grabbed the wrench out of there. It was quite warm. Anyway

Tried to start my car... yup. A single click and nothing else. Lights and everythin in the car works. But not able to start.

Thnx in advance
You probably popped a fuse. I would start there. I did something im my previous car where we were trying to find a place to run wire through the fire wall. we ended up cutting some insulation and there was a wire inside of the insulation(literally inside) and we cut it by mistake and it arched, i tried to leave and it wouldnt start. So we went looking back and found and We reconnected it and when i was it wouldnt start. We rechecked it and what not then checked fuses and found that we popped a few to the gas pump once i tunred the key but never heard the fuel pump kick on

Hey guys
So i did the big 3.

New battery

Thnx in advance
Big automotive fuse! The one you just upgraded!

John Kuthe

Really dude? He said nothing about upgrading a fuse
He said:

>New battery

>New terminals better wiring.

I'll BET the "better terminals" part includes new big *** fuse(s). Mine would if I was doing the Big 3!

John Kuthe...

He said:
>New battery

>New terminals better wiring.

I'll BET the "better terminals" part includes new big *** fuse(s). Mine would if I was doing the Big 3!

John Kuthe...
Not everybody fuses their big 3 in all honesty.

Fuse box under most hoods will have a 50-100 amp fuse for battery,and or for starter,,May also be a 20-30 amp fuse possibly blown for starter/ect in fuse box under dash/or in glove box...where ever you internal fuse box resides.

Hey guys thanks for all the replys.

I dont fuse my big 3.

I checked all the fuses in the car.

Anyway we found the problem and it was a fried starter motor. So got that repaced and its working.

Thanks so much for the input guys.

Cheers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.