Alpine ilx-w650 USB Shuffle mess

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spectre412

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
For anyone that has an Alpine ilx-w650, do you have a crappy shuffle feature when using a USB or is it just me?

A little background, I have around 1200 MP3s on a 32 GB USB flash drive and it's plugged into my Alpine ilx-w650 (I use CarPlay, but I don't feel like plugging/unplugging my phone constantly on short trips). The songs all seem to work fine; the drive is formatted to FAT32, named correctly (per the manual), and they have META tags. Everything works fine until I try to use the Shuffle feature, then it seems like it only shuffles through 50-60 songs and won't read anything else unless I turn shuffle off. I took the flash drive out of the Alpine HU and plugged it into my other truck's Sony unit and it shuffled normally like I would expect. I have the latest firmware installed; just wasn't sure if it was something common with the ilx-w650 or if it is mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...