best comp set?

i lied about the 200$... i just through out a number cuz idk howmuch comps cost lol.

focal FTW!

Boston makes decent stuff too... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the roundn type speakers 6.5" is more of "the best" that you can get.. i don't think they make "hi-end" good SQ 6x9 much but there is some out there. However the quality that the manufacturers put on is still on 6.5" speakers.

Go hertz!! if focal too expensive.

Really?I have built a few SQ cars using Focals, and have heard many of their demo cars and Its hard to find a rival to their SQ.

Has anyone told you that their tweeters are too harsh? If so, its because they were using substandard amps.
would this be why im not happy with my comps?

i have a zx650.4 kicker amp hooked to 4 speakers if i switched amps would it sound better? if so what amp would you reccommend

i have some alpine spr comps

would this be why im not happy with my comps?i have a zx650.4 kicker amp hooked to 4 speakers if i switched amps would it sound better? if so what amp would you reccommend

i have some alpine spr comps
Could be, what speakers do you have?

Your system is only as strong as the weakest link.

Focals are a strong link so it will take a strong amp to match the quality.

I have always liked Helix, Audison, and DLS. but the Focal amps are actually pretty good too.

Could be, what speakers do you have?
Your system is only as strong as the weakest link.

Focals are a strong link so it will take a strong amp to match the quality.

I have always liked Helix, Audison, and DLS. but the Focal amps are actually pretty good too.
can you tell differences in sound from different speaker wires, too?

can you tell differences in sound from different speaker wires, too?
No.

But amps are alot more complicated than wires.

Go and listen to a DLS amp then listen to a kicker amp. Anybody will hear the difference.

Kicker is good, but there is better.

I got all my speakers for under 200 dollars and I couldn't be happier with my highs setup.

Pioneer Premier 720c's componets in front and some el cheapo 6x8 Pioneers in the back. Amp only doing maybe 60rms x4 and is keeping up with my 12's really well.

Componets were 120 and 6x8's 55, so well under 200.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.