Best bang for your buck 4" coil woofer to play music with 2500 watts and up

Wagonized
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What are your guys opinions of a 4" coil woofer that is the best bang for your buck in a setup that is designed to be a groundpounder/demo type build. Designed to drive and play all types of music super loud.

Will likely be in a setup with 12 woofers and about 30k rms so about 2500 watts per woofer.

I know I dont need a 4" coil woofer for only 2500 watts each BUT, my goal with this setup is to never buy something that will ever limit me. Ill keep adding more and more. IE) Im going to buy my 12 woofers...likely 1 amp and 4 batteries. Throw it in and start having fun. As I save money to buy more and more batteries, and another amp at a time. Thats why I always like running 6 or 12 woofer setups. They will work with 1 amp, 2 amps, 3 amps, 4 amps, 6 amps, 8 amps or 12 amps. Its perfect for the person who is adding on.

Regardless...just wondering what your opinions are....

Here are a couple that Ive been considering.

HDC4s

SSA Evils

DC Level 6s

Fi SP4

Crossfire XS V2

Any more??

thanks

SP4 good luck.. 12 of any is gonna cost u hella money unless you go with the hdc4's which ive seen go bnib for rd 250ish on FB but IMO there not in the same league as other listed....... The electrical for a real 30k will cost you more then a decent car...

SP4 good luck.. 12 of any is gonna cost u hella money unless you go with the hdc4's which ive seen go bnib for rd 250ish on FB but IMO there not in the same league as other listed....... The electrical for a real 30k will cost you more then a decent car...
Yes im aware the build will be pricey. I like building loud stuff and thats what it takes.

Team sundown
wayyy too expensive. Id much rather spend 1/2 on woofers

Yes im aware the build will be pricey. I like building loud stuff and thats what it takes.

If the price of big boy woofers scares you, I can't imagine how you plan to buy the batteries and amps to give rated power to a dozen of them in the first place.

Add DD 99 to the list if you're serious.

Lol. Do what it takes- that's to pricy lol. Good luck man

What vehicle are you driving or doing a build on?

All the subs you listed will need more then 2500 watts rms to be optimal for a real ground pounder or anything.

Id do the 30k, but lessen the amount of subs to 6-8 12's or go up to 15's.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

What vehicle are you driving or doing a build on?
All the subs you listed will need more then 2500 watts rms to be optimal for a real ground pounder or anything.

Id do the 30k, but lessen the amount of subs to 6-8 12's or go up to 15's.

build is in an 81 malibu wagon. Enclosure will be a diamond tunnel most likely. Or atleast some shape of tunnel.

If the price of big boy woofers scares you, I can't imagine how you plan to buy the batteries and amps to give rated power to a dozen of them in the first place.
Add DD 99 to the list if you're serious.
ive owned about 15 9500s and 9900s in my day. I love those woofers but id like to try something different, something cheaper and easier to recone...and something plain cheaper in general.

I realize that the whole build will cost quite a bit....thats why Id rather spend more on batts, and amps than woofers.

ive owned about 15 9500s and 9900s in my day. I love those woofers but id like to try something different, something cheaper and easier to recone...and something plain cheaper in general.
I realize that the whole build will cost quite a bit....thats why Id rather spend more on batts, and amps than woofers.
Well 4" coil woofers in general will be double the cost to repair and if affording the power is an issue why do you need 4" coils at all?

On that power you do basically need a 4 inch for daily. A 3 inch 8 layer would be in the ball park of that power handling.

You can find Ti Pro's for 300-400 dollars every now and again.

What are your guys opinions of a 4" coil woofer that is the best bang for your buck in a setup that is designed to be a groundpounder/demo type build. Designed to drive and play all types of music super loud.
Will likely be in a setup with 12 woofers and about 30k rms so about 2500 watts per woofer.

I know I dont need a 4" coil woofer for only 2500 watts each BUT, my goal with this setup is to never buy something that will ever limit me. Ill keep adding more and more. IE) Im going to buy my 12 woofers...likely 1 amp and 4 batteries. Throw it in and start having fun. As I save money to buy more and more batteries, and another amp at a time. Thats why I always like running 6 or 12 woofer setups. They will work with 1 amp, 2 amps, 3 amps, 4 amps, 6 amps, 8 amps or 12 amps. Its perfect for the person who is adding on.

Regardless...just wondering what your opinions are....

Here are a couple that Ive been considering.

HDC4s

SSA Evils

DC Level 6s

Fi SP4

Crossfire XS V2

Any more??

thanks
I understand what you want to do, but I have some concerns. If you truly know how to, and want to make this a well performing setup (loud), then you know that the enlcosure should be designed not just for the subs being used, but the power being fed to them. IOW, if I was building an SPL rig, Id certainly want a larger enclosure if Im feeding my subs 2500 watts than if I was feeding them 5kw.

I understand what you want to do, but I have some concerns. If you truly know how to, and want to make this a well performing setup (loud), then you know that the enlcosure should be designed not just for the subs being used, but the power being fed to them. IOW, if I was building an SPL rig, Id certainly want a larger enclosure if Im feeding my subs 2500 watts than if I was feeding them 5kw.
As much as that is entirely true i doubt he really will get 30k due to rise unless he runs it at a very low impedance like .5 or .25...

A 6th or 4th on 6-8 subs would really do it in a wagon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.