Battery help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Denver_Dan

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 08 Cadillac CTS 4 with all the options. I currently two American Bass XD-1222's that are rated at 500w rms each. I got a Taramps Smart 3 amp because I plan on upgrading my system in the near future. From what I can find my car has a 150A alternator. I plan on upgrading it next week with a 250A alternator and I was wondering what battery would be best? I would like to keep it under $225 if possible. I don't want to have to add a second battery unless it's absolutely necessary. I plan on running two 1200w rms subs in the future and upgrade my components.

I have a 08 Cadillac CTS 4 with all the options. I currently two American Bass XD-1222's that are rated at 500w rms each. I got a Taramps Smart 3 amp because I plan on upgrading my system in the near future. From what I can find my car has a 150A alternator. I plan on upgrading it next week with a 250A alternator and I was wondering what battery would be best? I would like to keep it under $225 if possible. I don't want to have to add a second battery unless it's absolutely necessary. I plan on running two 1200w rms subs in the future and upgrade my components.
The largest AGM battery that will fit. You don't need to go extreme with lithium cells or anything at this stage. Alternator and AGM will be just fine. AGMs are much lower internal resistance so they can put up with larger draws w/ lower voltage drop. Don't worry too much about the brand, most of them are made by Johnson Control with a retail brand label stuck on them. Select the best option by price and warranty period.

Actually no they are not all just made by Johnson Controls. 4 Companies in the US and 6 total in the world, many are owned by the same people. List below shows who makes what and is updated all the time.

Last edited:
Actually no they are not all just made by Johnson Controls. 4 Companies in the US and 6 total in the world, many are owned by the same people. List below shows who makes what and is updated all the time.

I didn't say all, I said most. It's something like 90%+ market share. It's not wrong that there are more, but when it comes to batteries the scale at which they manufacture them is going to make their prices hard to beat, unless it's heavily marketed junk like Optima and Interstate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.