Battery, HELP!

joegee87
10+ year member

NY
Is a high quality battery helpful for running my system, i have a xplod xm2252hx and a jensen 300 watt amp, will it make a difference, i have a 1.0 farad cap, and 4 guage wire, and a 94 amp gm alternator. help?

In your case a stock battery should be just fine as long as it is in good condition. All that an aftermarket battery would do for you is allow you to run your system with the car off for longer periods of time. Also, if you upgrade your battery you would probobly need to upgrade your alternator to supply the extra needed power to keep the bigger battery charged.

The battery is really only for starting your car. believe me, i've burned out plenty of altinaters. that cap is a good idea. sounds like you got a nice alt thought. keep that **** crankin, just not for long periods of time, will fry that alt!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.