AVIC-D3 problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

rival904
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my house
Ive head this headunit working fine without issues since I took it apart to fix the pico fuse problem, well I just recently installed some new amps and noticed theres engine noise back in the truck, so I took the unit all apart, resoldered the connections and made sure everything was good.

Now heres the problem I am having, I can control the ipod, hear the chimes the unit makes, but it wont play music off the ipod, it says its playing, but nothings happening, no music, only chimes and ****. Radio works fine, havent tried CD yet.

2nd issue I am having is that now that the unit is assembled, it goes back to the "checking disc" screen and doesnt want to come off that screen, any ideas?

so all of your amps turn on at least?

are your speakers amped?

is there a cd in the drive? if not, try putting one in. and how much of the unit did u take apart? Just throwing out some suggestions

so all of your amps turn on at least?
are your speakers amped?

is there a cd in the drive? if not, try putting one in. and how much of the unit did u take apart? Just throwing out some suggestions
Both 4 channels turn on.

I only have 8 6.5s in my truck right now, hooked up to the amps.

The only CD in the drive is the Navi disk that your supposed to run with the HU.

I took it apart down to the last board(to check the pico fuses) this is the 3rd time Ive had the unit apart, and the first time its given me trouble. I can switch from iPod to radio, and listen to the radio all day long fine, just cant play music off my iPod, it worked before I took it apart.

I don't remember if the D3 was like the 90BT, but do you have to select the aux input to be ipod?? I know you do on the 90BT, and it took me a couple min to remember after I replaced the batt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.