Attn: old school amp gurus

SplAffair
10+ year member

I lol'd
I Just aquired a BNIB. Phase Linear PLA-200 2 ch amp. All wires/connectors never used. Still has all packing foam, warranty sheet, test sheet (dated November of 91) and the manual. Not a scratch on this thing. Does anyone have any experience with these amps and know what they are worth? I can't seem to find any info on them.

Wasn't Phase Linear part of Jensen?
Yes it was. My dad who was into car audio in the early to mid 80s said jenson used to be really good stuff. But he had no clue about phase linear. I bought this because it was a good deal (i think) and it's made I. The USA so I figured it should be pretty decent.

Yes it was. My dad who was into car audio in the early to mid 80s said jenson used to be really good stuff. But he had no clue about phase linear. I bought this because it was a good deal (i think) and it's made I. The USA so I figured it should be pretty decent.
I had a Jensen amp from that era ages ago and I couldn't kill it. Didn't make a ton of power but was really solid.

should be a nice lil amp, like hispl said a lot of amps were waY overbuilt in that era, and pretty much all rated at 12v (so under rated)

A nib clean100x2 @4ohm should atleast be worth $150 shipped but depends someone might be willing to pay more if they had one year's ago. It might also be hard to sell being that its not a nuthugger brand

I had a house amp that was Phase Linear 400 and 4000 pre amp back in the day hooked up to 4 Realistic Mach 1's.Beast of a setup.Cops was at my house alot...lol.I would imagine you have a nice little amp there.Good find.

I had a house amp that was Phase Linear 400 and 4000 pre amp back in the day hooked up to 4 Realistic Mach 1's.Beast of a setup.Cops was at my house alot...lol.I would imagine you have a nice little amp there.Good find.
Yeah I can find a lot of info on the old carver made home audio. And the best part is I got it for $40 bucks

Yeah I can find a lot of info on the old carver made home audio. And the best part is I got it for $40 bucks
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.