Amp/s for D9's

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is going to be for a daily driver too so try to keep the power thats feeding them no more than 100 watts over rms cause I need something I can rely on day to day. Thanks!

I thought about it but I would really like a bit more power than that. Something with less distortion too would be nice. 1% is a good bit for those subs IMO. I was thinking like a Hifonics brutus or 2 running at 2 or 4 ohms.

I thought about it but I would really like a bit more power than that. Something with less distortion too would be nice. 1% is a good bit for those subs IMO. I was thinking like a Hifonics brutus or 2 running at 2 or 4 ohms.

Im no Orion fan, but Id go with Orion before Hifonics any day.

How about an IA 20.1?

Powerbass 3000?

Treo 3000.1?

Well I have no dealers for either of those 4 products in my area that I am aware of. The only one I could even find on Ebay was the Arc, which seems to be a rather nice amp, however thats a bit over budget for the power ill need.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif :eyebrow: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Dood,you are incorrect

1% distortion on a sub amp is inaudable to your ears

and most D class amps have about the same distortion.

If I had to do it again I would try a Memphis 4000D

Lol, sorry about that, ive just always despised distortion of any kind. My speaker amp for my diamond hexes is the zapco 350.2 so I am definately picky about sound quality and just don't want to pair the wrong amp with those subs.

That 4000D would be a bit much for those subs wouldnt it? Since the max rating is like 1600 a sub? Or would I just wire them down to like 2 ohms and be good?

Memphis would be easy for me to do actually since I have 2-3 dealers around here. Does anyone have a recommended alternator though? Im sure that ill need a new one since my stock 130 wont do in the mustang.

Edit: Wow, I just noticed those are like way out of my price range....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.