Amp protect light on a Dual 1200W Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cameroneb

I have a Boss deck, connected up to a Dual XPR540 and two 12" JBL 1100W Subs.

I haven't had a single issue since I wired them up about a week ago. Yesterday I'm driving down the road, volume was at 20% and it goes into protect mode. I have unplugged the sub wires, removed the AV bass knob, connected the AV cables directly into deck, checked all three fuzes, two on the amp, one on the power cord to the + battery.

I'm not sure what to do, could it be a smaller fuze somewhere in the internal fuzebox?

I know the remote cord works as it's connected to my headlights, my protect light turns off/on with that switch. The ground is secure, in fact more secure after re connecting it today. Still no luck, help - Cameron

Hey man, I hope that it isn't but if it is, I'm pretty ignorant with pro-car audio. I know the lame basics. But as you see I have a mixture of Boss, dual, and Jbl. So that speaks for it'self.

If you can recommend me a affordable amp that would push these 12"'s decently, let me know please.

- C

Hey man, I hope that it isn't but if it is, I'm pretty ignorant with pro-car audio. I know the lame basics. But as you see I have a mixture of Boss, dual, and Jbl. So that speaks for it'self. If you can recommend me a affordable amp that would push these 12"'s decently, let me know please.

- C
do you have a multimeter? first thing you need to do is verify your amp is getting the right power/remote/ground voltages (its easy, even if you're a noob) then you can say its a bad amp and spend money on a new one.

he is right in saying that dual is lower quality, and for that reason it is likely it has gone bad, but it's worth verifying first.

im not going to go into detail right now, but you want an amp that makes actual power, not labeled power. its like paying for a 400hp car that puts out 200hp, it's all about actual output.

if you just want a new amp go get this: http://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Precision-Power-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005KW10ES

or this: * NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

but be careful setting the gain correctly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.