Amp install 2011 Ford Fusion Sync and Sony sound system

D3monic

Harvester of Sorrow
Just bought a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL with Sync and the Sony 12 speaker system. Usually I don't keep the factory head units but it looks like this one will be staying. I was looking on the Ford Forum and was getting 20 different answers on equipment integration. I figured I was better off coming to a Audio forum vs car.

Has anyone here ever installed a aftermarket amp in a vehicle with this system and what kind of equipment was needed? Just JL Audio Cleensweep or additional equipment ?

Sorry I am not very technically inclined so any help would be appreciated. I concidered taking the Vehicle to best buy or something for install but not sure they would have the proper equipment on hand.

Not installing anything fancy, just my old walmart crap sony xplode amp and subs. Once the proper wiring is in place I can always upgrade amp and subs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked up installation parts on the Metra and Scosche web sites and neither one was any help for your question. Your cheapest option parts-wise is to get a 2-channel Line Out Converter, but you need to know where to connect it to get the right signal. You might just want to call a couple of shops and ask for a quote.

Acreature, I found a dealer of the AOEM-FRD24 on line and opened a chat session with them. The rep. said that th AOEM-FRD24 wasn't compatible with the Sony amplified sound system. It would be nice if that turned out to be wrong... Is your system the Sony 12 speaker one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.