Amp cutting in and out on different sub...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
Ok this has got me at a loss.

I had 2 12" Type Rs and could run them from my AP15001d all day long without any issues at all. Now I got a 18" Custom Sacket sub thingy and my amp gets too hot and goes into protect.

My first thought was ground...but it did fine before the 18" so why the change now? Guess I could try grounding to somewhere else...BUT im limited on where I can ground it at. The hole for the wire terminal is kinda small.

No dont own one.

Also to resay what I said. It plays out fine unless I try to turn it up to max..then the amp keeps cutting to protect and back to normal.

No dont own one.
Also to resay what I said. It plays out fine unless I try to turn it up to max..then the amp keeps cutting to protect and back to normal.
Sounds like a ground issue, or an impedance issue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Did you alter any settings on the amp for the new sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.