alternator help

Participant count
  • Participant list
its a 2000 chrysler cirrus...and i dont know if its stock...i bought it off my uncle

ive looked all over the web and all i can find is 90 amp stock and 125 upgrade

i think its a 125 but i dont know thats why i want to know what it is

i mean...it should kinda be obvious that it says 125 and it just so happens that theres a 125 as an upgrade...but id rather make sure before i run the amps with like a million watts and then mess it up

any help would be greatly appreciated

It looks like 90 and 125 were available, and being that you have a big fat 125 I think it's safe to assume that is the current.

Either way you're good for at least 1000 watts - with the 125 I would expect 2k to be do-able. People have done more with less.

Its most likely a 125 amp alternator.

Hook up your system between 1500 and 2000 watts shouldn't be a problem, if you end up with light dimming or anything then you may have to do something, but I doubt that will be the case.

you are not going to be able to run 2k watts off a 125 amp alt. without dimming and voltage problems. 1000 is a ok number though. i just purchased a new alt for my car and im pushing around 1800 watts. dominick iraggi is the man when it comes to alts. and he told me i needed at 180 amp for my car. he builds alot of alts. for spl competitors so he knows his stuff. if you would like his number let me know. he could tell you exactly what you have from the numbers on the alt. and how many watts would be safe to run off of it. the least you need to do if your running alot of watts and not wanting to upgrade your alt. is put an optima yellow top under the hood.

you are not going to be able to run 2k watts off a 125 amp alt. without dimming and voltage problems.
Depends on the car and the installation. Like I said - there have been 2k+ systems on 100A alts that work fine. Music is far from constant, and when you're not playing at full volume actual current demand is only a fraction of what the amps are capable of.

i just purchased a new alt for my car and im pushing around 1800 watts. dominick iraggi is the man when it comes to alts. and he told me i needed at 180 amp for my car. he builds alot of alts. for spl competitors so he knows his stuff.
He's also trying to sell alternators.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.