Alpine 9887 vs Eclipse cd7100

nbudros
10+ year member

E-THUG
DFW, TX
Im debating if the extra money into the cd7100 is worth it. Im not going active now, but I could always, and so the eclipse would be better.

But is imprint by alpine a real deal sound enhancer just a marketing ploy?

Herm, Also whats the difference betwean Parametric and Graphic eq?

I just noticed that the alpine has 3 and 2 way cross overs as well.

Which do you all think is a better deck?

Spend the extra on the eclipse or go with the alpine?

Instead of the CD7100 I would think about getting last years CD7000.

Its nearly identical to the CD7100, same features, even looks the same, but you can buy a new one all day long on ebay for around $270.

mmm The 87 hasnt been out long enough to prove its self. Most stores dont even have them yet.. It will be hard for it to match up with the eclipse though. I dont think the alpine will be quite as good as the 7100, but I could be wrong. We will see though.

If the Alpine is anything like the 9835 of a few years back, which is seems like it is, I would go with the 9887. I had a 9835 and went to an Eclipse CD7000 last year when it first came out. I have basically been disappointed with the unit ever since, and wish I'd stuck with my 9835. The only thing the Eclipse seems to have over the Alipne is 11 bands parametric vs. the Alpine's 5 (when in active mode). Even with this, the SQ improvement was barely noticeable and the terrible interface, poor noise floor, ugly faceplate, and overall 'roughness' don't help the Eclipse's cause. My 9835 had an excellent interface and was reliable while I had it...and I'm sure they 9887 is similar. My Eclipse CD Changer (also brand new last year with the HU) stopped working a few months back. I take very good care of my unit (being careful not to hit it with anything in the trunk), so I'm sure it's an electronic problem, and I don't know if it's the HU or the changer, but either way, it's another shot against Eclipse.

Please don't all flame me at once now...

Enough to convince me to keep using it. The CD7000 is much more flexible with the eq bands than the Alpine (wont let you get the bands close than four steps I believe). I also like the shortcut button on the Eclipse as well.

nice ninja bump on a year old thread. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Instead of the CD7100 I would think about getting last years CD7000.
Its nearly identical to the CD7100, same features, even looks the same, but you can buy a new one all day long on ebay for around $270.
CD7100 from ebay has no 3 year warrantee from an authorized dealer, no ESN antitheft warrantee, no brass chasis, no bluetooth, display isn't nearly as cool. Get the CD7200. Thats the oine I really wanted, but I didn't have quite enough $ at the time. I have the CD3200 though, and it's still cool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.