Premier DEH800prs

05_ZX636
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
i searched hundreds of threads looking for good radio for project truck. I have always had alpine or pioneer, mainly because thats all you can buy here. But, i have seen 1 post where somebody still has ground issues with the pioneer, but thats it. Has anyone else had same problems with then new one with the copper chassis? I thought that would help somewhat. thanks for any help

Easy way to avoid Pioneer ground problems is to NEVER mess with the wiring if the unit has power.

If you like unpluging, moving, and reconnecting RCA's with the unit on... Look elsewhere.

i searched hundreds of threads looking for good radio for project truck. I have always had alpine or pioneer, mainly because thats all you can buy here. But, i have seen 1 post where somebody still has ground issues with the pioneer, but thats it. Has anyone else had same problems with then new one with the copper chassis? I thought that would help somewhat. thanks for any help
I did have noise issues with my 690UB until I did the rca ground thing. My 800 has about 2 hours of use and I did not have an issue out of it before I took it out of the car. I believe the problem might occur if you take the rcas off the back of the HU with it being on or something like that. But the rcas on the back of the 800 are not on the board if I'm saying that correctly.

I've got the 800prs and i have no ground issues at all. I grounded the HU to an existing factory ground for the ecu very close to the unit.
what else does your setup consist of?

The rest of my system is an alpine mrp-F600 powering two sets of alpine type-X components and an mrp-m500 powering a JL 12w6v2. I know, I know... i got it for a good price brand new.

no, no. The w6v2 sounds nice. good thing you got it for a good price, though.

I don't know why you would need two sets of type-x comps though.

They were out of the type-r coaxials i was gonna get for a bit of real fill and they gave me the the comps for the same price, so i wasn't gonna argue with that.

I have no problems with my 800prs...it's a great sounding deck with lots of tuning capabilities...I'm also running a W6v2...10" great sounding sub, keeps up with the fast pace of trance, and compliments orchestral arrangements aswell...who cares about the price when you're happy with what u got.

My one issue with the 800prs is that i can't see the display at all in normal daylight. All i see is the reflection of my hand. I have to move my hand back everytime before i press anything. The reversed black and white might help, but it doesn't seem to be an actual option, it just has the ability to switch back and forth for whatever silly reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05_ZX636

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
05_ZX636
alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date