91 S10 2wd or 94 4 door 2wd blazer.....

ferguson621

Senior VIP Member
Ok this thread won't be like the last.....I'm done with that car. For good. Everything is much more simple now. So last night I ended up buying a 91 s10 single cab 2wd for about $175.....Nothing wrong with it except the interior needs redone. and a little body work here and there....nothing to major. But I also have the chance to trade it. And my other option is a 94 4 door 2wd s10 blazer that's bagged, on 20's, shaved door handles ( all four) and french tail lights, leather interior, aftermarket steering wheel, front driver's fender needs painted and a few minor dents removed....And it just so happens that I also got a 92 s10 blazer 2 door 4x4....which might I add I absolutely hate lol (been spoiled with a four door for about 5 years now lol). So I'm going to leave the 92 completely stock and not even touch it as far as the stereo goes. I'm actually trying to sell or trade it. So I would like opinions on what you guys would do. And my main point of posting this is I'm wondering which would be better for the loudest stereo? And I was thinking I could definitely trade the bagged 94 for something newer also.

175 bucks? Sure you aren't missing another number?! I had a 1992 s10 blazer. Had it a long time. Sold it about 3 yrs ago. Now I have a '98 s10 ext cab.

Lol nope, not missing a number boomin_tahoe. I got it from my girlfriends brother. Cause he doesn't know enough about cars to get it running. I almost had it running about 8 months ago until he decided to be impatient and have someone else look at it. So I never tried to get it running after that because I was offended that I volunteered my time and didn't expect a penny from him. I just wanted to see his expression once I finally got it running for him. I know i'm wierd, but I really enjoy helping people as much as I can. But yeah I ended up talking him down on the price. And all I have to do is adjust the distributor and replace a couple vacuum lines and it's golden. And hispls from your experiences don't you think it would be easier in an s10 truck? and plus I definitely would not be limited on space lol. Which was my downfall with the pacifica

don't you think it would be easier in an s10 truck?
No. Pickup trucks are notoriously dependent on having a window or door open to get loud and with a single cab you have zero space. You have absolutely no business even considering doing a blow through! 2 door blazers get loud pretty easy. There's a forum member here who lives in my area who had one and got some great numbers with a pair of 10s.

blow thru is even more complicated than the project you had fought for months, what... 3-4x redone and still didn't get it...but was close. I agree with hispls. S10 blazers are known for smallish cabinb size which makes it naturally for getting loud easy. had my 4 10's in there believe it or not.

I'm currently running a single 8 in my ext cab...and when weather gets warmer, I plan to switch amps and get my 8 more power. It's gonna get loud. Just the other day, my tailgate was rattling a little bit....was kinda surprised.

You know I'm definitely going to have to agree with every word you said hispls lmao....im gonna get the s10 truck running hopefully today within the next few hours. And I'll most likely try to trade both of them for something newer

And yeah ive always heard they were easy to get loud in. My only draw back with the 2 door is i need the backseat so that makes me extremely limited on space. I could fit two 18's....I've got about 16 cubes

I had a 96 S10 Blazer put one 12in MTX 9500 in there on my old school Lancer optidrive 500. 2 that was my favorite system to this day straight pounded for one 12 people couldn't believe it was only one 12

Actually come to think of it that was probably one of my top 3 favorite vehicles as well it was 4 x 4 had some nice little mud terrain tires on it we used to four-wheel it and pound the radio good days and for how small it was that little truck would go anywhere almost like a big quad instead of a truck in the woods

And yeah ive always heard they were easy to get loud in. My only draw back with the 2 door is i need the backseat so that makes me extremely limited on space. I could fit two 18's....I've got about 16 cubes
How/where are you getting 16 cubes? and that's keeping your backseat? We are talking about s10 blazer right, not full size blazer? Fitting 2 18's back there is gonna be very difficult. I had 2 15's,once and they were in a sealed enclosure. Can't imagine a ported box for them...take up more room.

BNCKE4S.jpg

pH1jboV.jpg

Im considering 2 15's in my 97 Blazer... I worked the numbers and 2 15's aero or round ported will be doable... a large slot ported will require me to build too tall or over the wheelwells... its doable with a round or aero and still get 8-9 ft3 net without too much trouble... the clearance to the tailgate was still around 5.5" in my estimation... how different is the cargo space depending on year/model?... I have a 97 S-10 Blazer 4 door

Im considering 2 15's in my 97 Blazer... I worked the numbers and 2 15's aero or round ported will be doable... a large slot ported will require me to build too tall or over the wheelwells... its doable with a round or aero and still get 8-9 ft3 net without too much trouble... the clearance to the tailgate was still around 5.5" in my estimation... how different is the cargo space depending on year/model?... I have a 97 S-10 Blazer 4 door
I really don't know. That 4 dr you had vs 2 dr had about the same space in the back. I think diff years def will be different, I don't think I ever measured max dimensions in my cargo area, vs. others. I didn't wanna go above window line too much....still need to see out while driving.

I was around 4-5" above the window line by my estimation... could go another 2-2.5ft3 net easily by building the enclosure above the wells all the way across... Im still deciding whether the extra work on the enclosure will be worth it... 5-6k tuned 30ish on a pair of 15's should bring a smile to my face

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.