4k watts daily batt or alternator first?

This is what I have been saying the entire time.As for 12v whos car runs at 12v most are 14v which puts it roughly at 130a draw.You are tryin to get to in depth with this.I in no way have said that he will be just fine with the situation.I simply stated that he would be better off getting batteries then an alt.Which most would suggest.Then I said he would need to do prolonged driving in order to properly charge the bank of batteries.I even said it wouldn't be a bad idea to use a charger occasionally.My comment was more towards annarbor stating he charges 2-3 times a week which is not neseccary.

So slow your role buddy.....we're on the same page;)
When the current draw exceeds the output of the alt, voltage drops to that of the battery, or lower. This is why I used 12volts. And your lack of understanding this is why I suggest you need to learn a bit more on this topic before handing out too much advice on it.

When the current draw exceeds the output of the alt, voltage drops to that of the battery, or lower. This is why I used 12volts. And your lack of understanding this is why I suggest you need to learn a bit more on this topic before handing out too much advice on it.
id love to order both but quite frankly i cant afford it. i have no problem driving with music turned off from time to time to charge batts, i will most likely take the before mentioned advice and geta volt meter.

id love to order both but quite frankly i cant afford it. i have no problem driving with music turned off from time to time to charge batts, i will most likely take the before mentioned advice and geta volt meter.
Sounds like a plan. Just know the limits of your setup until you can afford the alt. Oh... and carry some jumper cables, just in case. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Whatever...Like I said in the last post.You are saying the same thing as I have been saying.Most people will tell you the same thing batteries>alt.From my experiance this is what I have found to be true as well.

Whatever...Like I said in the last post.You are saying the same thing as I have been saying.Most people will tell you the same thing batteries>alt.From my experiance this is what I have found to be true as well.
He's not saying the same thing you are. And frankly, his advice is just a tad bit closer to life than yours is.

End result of getting the batteries first is the same, but he's definitely saying something different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.