4 nighshade 18s yukon xl build 155+ 16v minus the ********

SDC10629.jpg
where did that ghey ass box come from?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nightshade 18's like small boxes...4 cubes per 18 is fine
the people that say that have only built small boxes and never gone big. or they only burp in that small of a box. if you want big. build big...

and if you need to make the box smaller after you build it it is allways easier to take away excess airspace than to add airspace if needed, or rebuild the box alltogether.

well i got my alts on and running externally regulated cant figure out why at idle the voltage jumps around is this normal pics should be up soon

well i got my alts on and running externally regulated cant figure out why at idle the voltage jumps around is this normal pics should be up soon
run the ignition from the regulator straight to the battery and the idle will set still. and not fluctuate.

and i have not yet switched to 16v so im on 5 12v batts the 8 16vs in the truck are not hooked up ran out of time at the shop i left the shop at 10:45 pm

other than the idle voltage issue full tilt it only drops to 14 volts
but you dont have all your amps and your box you'll be using either. so i wouldnt worry about that right now.

i really hope you take my advice on building that box bigger with a big azz slot port. they are 18s!!!! i dont care that someone else says 4 cubs works good. i'm telling you 6cubes each will give you everything your looking for. the low frequency and high numbers.

but you dont have all your amps and your box you'll be using either. so i wouldnt worry about that right now.
i really hope you take my advice on building that box bigger with a big azz slot port. they are 18s!!!! i dont care that someone else says 4 cubs works good. i'm telling you 6cubes each will give you everything your looking for. the low frequency and high numbers.
I am telling you I have ran the nightshade 18's have you...They are designed for smaller enclosure 4-5 cubes is what the shine in...

i cant get much more than 16 cubes and still be no wall and have double thick birch box with 3rd layer flush mount baffle it will be 19.5 cubes gross

We tested the NS 18 in multiple boxes ...ranging from 4-7 cubes per sub ...and 4-4.5 has been were they shine @ ...so theres really no need to build the box bigger ,when you will have to shrink it up ...

I am telling you I have ran the nightshade 18's have you...They are designed for smaller enclosure 4-5 cubes is what the shine in...
thats great. have you fed each of your nightshades 4500 each?

or have you tried to put them in a bigger box at all?

or put 4 18s in a box together?

an 18 is a ****in 18 and the more airspace you give it the happier they will be. but what do i know! i have four 18s. why would anyone want to listen to me?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

godhatescivics

10+ year member
2 18s in a cobalt what?
godhatescivics
cleveland ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date