4 DP21 Wall Build

After helping my friend dig a trench for a retaining wall, I got a little bit done. Be it a very little haha.

Cut notches so that the floor will lay better.

2hf1fg1.jpg

9igro9.jpg

ok7k8y.jpg

34piet2.jpg

2ziwow0.jpg

dzbehy.jpg

Just two bolts in for now. One has to come out because it's too short, but I figured I'd put it in for now.

r7oxfc.jpg

I'm gonna get to Ace in a couple hours to get a few more bolts. That's probably all I'll get done today because I think It's supposed to be pretty wet all day.

Well, finally got to HD today around five and picked up 4 more sheets of mdf, a 5 lb box of 2 1/2" screws, and an 8lb sledge hammer. My dad paid for all of it in exchange for waxing the race trailer this week. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Didn't get any work done today, should be picking back up on it tomorrow.

I did get to put the sledge to use though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

2wbyqkp.jpg

2hyf5vb.jpg

Port out haha.

21mxemq.jpg

6foaqr.jpg

2djv1vp.jpg

Updates! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/celebrate.gif.82eef51c49c9919296cb60fd0d148863.gif

Got a lil more work done today. It's not much, but progress none the less.

Our little setup for the table saw haha.

nn1r7k.jpg

Test fit of outer back wall.

2czvshu.jpg

All glued.

23w1c7p.jpg

mhd16o.jpg

Who needs clamps and screws haha.

w229v4.jpg

More of my "clamps" haha.

2vcx28j.jpg

i7600h.jpg

There's also 2x4 chunks wedged between the back wall and the battery rack.

2z5845u.jpg

Little slot for my other grounds.

14uvx1g.jpg

Some fuel.

nl35o5.jpg

Between the bungie cords and back porch table to hold the wood for the table saw, I was able to get a lot done by myself, and occasional help from my dad...I was gonna quarter in to the back from the floor, but the angle would have be so shallow that I wouldn't be able to drill.

I'm going to the beach until Sunday with my parents. So I may or may not get more done today, but there will be more updates early next week at the latest.

Got back from the beach around 1 today and decided to do a lil work before everyone that was at the resort with us got back to the house.

One side on the back part about to go in.

20pc6ms.jpg

Getting ready to start the shell that will be around the back part. It will be a combo of 2x10's, 2x4's, and 2x2's. So this will make the walls of the back part go as follows: one layer of 3/4" mdf, two layers of 2x10's/2x4's/2x2's, another layer of 3/4"mdf, and possibly some fiberglass.

wvs9vs.jpg

2wf36rr.jpg

v8dcpd.jpg

24oydti.jpg

Gonna be fun straightening all of this out haha.

2e0th15.jpg

Where it is until tomorrow.

25qu4vr.jpg

I'm surprised that I got any work done today. I've been going since Friday evening haha. And there was a 3 story water slide at the place we stayed on the beach, and I somehow managed to land on my head, then my hip started to slip again haha...But I felt like getting at least a lil done.

And a quick question. Does anyone know if the fiberglass that is used to make boat hulls would work for the inside of a box? I have access to about 1,000lbs of the mat, so all I would need would be resin. I figure since I can get it I may as well use it if it would work well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.