2011 Dodge Charger Build

chingon863

I am wanting to upgrade my stock speakers.

at the moment I am seeing

Front and rear -Rockford P1692 6x9-x4 121$

Clarion xc1410 to power the 6x9s 120$

What do you guys suggest? any recommendations for the same budget speakers and amp

Currently have

LC2i - 2 Channel Line Out Converter coming from the front speaker wires

Kicker L7 15"

Brutus 1200.1D

Are you dead set on 6x9's? I was really surprised Dodge put those in the doors. I have a 2011 Challenger and I am ditching the 6x9's in lieu of a 6.5 component set. Not only do you get more install options, but it is easier in my opinion to get a higher quality sound. That being said, if you are just looking for a straight across swap then Fosgate is a good brand to go with. Not sure on the clarion amp.

Nothing wrong with 6x9s other than there arent as many options for a quality set.

With that budget I would wait until you can save up more money.

Then I'd hey a ID XS-69 component set and a China clone 2 channel amp to run it.

I wouldn't even bother with the rear speakers.

Are you dead set on 6x9's? I was really surprised Dodge put those in the doors. I have a 2011 Challenger and I am ditching the 6x9's in lieu of a 6.5 component set. Not only do you get more install options, but it is easier in my opinion to get a higher quality sound. That being said, if you are just looking for a straight across swap then Fosgate is a good brand to go with. Not sure on the clarion amp.
What 6.5 set are you going with? do you think I`ll be better with a fosgate amp, if so would you recommend the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4? I just always hear good things about clarion. In general just tired off the stock speaker system.

Nothing wrong with 6x9s other than there arent as many options for a quality set.
With that budget I would wait until you can save up more money.

Then I'd hey a ID XS-69 component set and a China clone 2 channel amp to run it.

I wouldn't even bother with the rear speakers.

Wow those are some pricey speakers but I bet they must sound really good for the price.

What 6.5 set are you going with? do you think I`ll be better with a fosgate amp, if so would you recommend the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4? I just always hear good things about clarion. In general just tired off the stock speaker system.
I like you wanted better than stock sound. The components are strictly my opinion based on what I have had in the past. I went the budget route (still four kids at home). I have a PPI sedona component set for the doors and Sedona 6.5 3 ways for the rear deck.

As far as the amp, I have run Clarion stuff in the past and was pleased with it. I just haven't looked into them lately, so I can't comment on it. Fosgate is always a win in my opinion. Personally I run Pioneer amps now (budget minded again) and I am really pleased with them. GM-D8601 on my sub. I will be getting a GM-D8604 for the highs and mids eventually.

I like you wanted better than stock sound. The components are strictly my opinion based on what I have had in the past. I went the budget route (still four kids at home). I have a PPI sedona component set for the doors and Sedona 6.5 3 ways for the rear deck.
As far as the amp, I have run Clarion stuff in the past and was pleased with it. I just haven't looked into them lately, so I can't comment on it. Fosgate is always a win in my opinion. Personally I run Pioneer amps now (budget minded again) and I am really pleased with them. GM-D8601 on my sub. I will be getting a GM-D8604 for the highs and mids eventually.
Are Pioneer amps good? never heard much from them, only time I seen them are in Walmart so never assumed they were good, heck if they are I might get that instead of the fosgate not much in price difference but more rms on pioneer which is a plus. And now that you guys are mentioning 6.5 components I am starting to lean that way. that's why I am here for suggestions I want to buy once and be happy with end results. yeah I am on a budget too (5 kids 4 girls 1 boy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif )

Are Pioneer amps good? never heard much from them, only time I seen them are in Walmart so never assumed they were good, heck if they are I might get that instead of the fosgate not much in price difference but more rms on pioneer which is a plus. And now that you guys are mentioning 6.5 components I am starting to lean that way. that's why I am here for suggestions I want to buy once and be happy with end results. yeah I am on a budget too (5 kids 4 girls 1 boy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif )
I am a fan of the Pioneer amps especially for the price. Clean, reliable and make rated.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have chosen to upgrade just the fronts for now what do you guys recommend from the ones below and also a good amp to power them.

Maximo 6

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIM62/Morel-Maximo-6.html

Maximo morel ultra 609

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIU6/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-602.html

Idx65cs

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

Id65cs

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_134351_Image-Dynamics-ID65cs-Complete-Sound-Dampening-Door-Kit.html#&gid=1&pid=1

Your suggestions are appreciated.

I will be using 6x9 to 6.5 adapters with the hole for the Tweeter on the adapter thanks

Oh what the kids do to the stereo budget. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I wouldn't trade any of them though.

The GM-D86XX and the GM-D96xx (these are not the walmart 2 channels) are definite contenders for the price and my 8601 has never run hot. It is also 1 ohm stable which is a plus and it includes the remote bass gain. There are some dyno's of the 9601 on youtube and it makes rated, which is a rare thing anymore in a budget minded amp. The plus for me was I found mine for $60 at a pawn shop. Can't beat that. They can be found in the $130 range on the bay brand new.

I have chosen to upgrade just the fronts for now what do you guys recommend from the ones below and also a good amp to power them.Maximo 6

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIM62/Morel-Maximo-6.html

Maximo morel ultra 609

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIU6/Morel-Maximo-Ultra-602.html

Idx65cs

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

Id65cs

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_134351_Image-Dynamics-ID65cs-Complete-Sound-Dampening-Door-Kit.html#&gid=1&pid=1

Your suggestions are appreciated.

I will be using 6x9 to 6.5 adapters with the hole for the Tweeter on the adapter thanks
I think any of those should be fine. I have read good things about the Morels. I have never personally used them though. I think you will like having the components.

I'm interested to hear about your comparison when all is said and done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.