2000 Grand Marquis Build

i am gunna rewire all my cabin speakers so....how do i wire 6 8ohm speakers to a audiophonics 1500watt 2 channel amp here are the specs... 1 6 inch speaker indrive side and passenger side front doors....4 8's in back dash... if someone will take the time to draw it up i will appreciate it very much!

or just tell me exatly how to wire it detailed thanks alot...

OH YEAH THE SPEAKERS ARE SINGLE COIL SO JUST 1 POS+ AND 1 NEG-

•2 channel [2 ohm] 300w x 4

•2 channel [4 ohm] 200w x 4

•1 channel mono [4 ohm] 600w x 1

•2 ohm load capacity

•Variable low [30-500hz] pass filter

•Variable high [50-1Khz] pass filter

•Subsonic Filter [10Hz - 100Hz]

•Bass boost

•W x L x H: 270 x 358 x 32mm [10 5/8” x 14 1/16” x 11/4”

i am gunna rewire all my cabin speakers so....how do i wire 6 8ohm speakers to a audiophonics 1500watt 2 channel amp here are the specs... 1 6 inch speaker indrive side and passenger side front doors....4 8's in back dash... if someone will take the time to draw it up i will appreciate it very much!or just tell me exatly how to wire it detailed thanks alot...

OH YEAH THE SPEAKERS ARE SINGLE COIL SO JUST 1 POS+ AND 1 NEG-

•2 channel [2 ohm] 300w x 4

•2 channel [4 ohm] 200w x 4

•1 channel mono [4 ohm] 600w x 1

•2 ohm load capacity

•Variable low [30-500hz] pass filter

•Variable high [50-1Khz] pass filter

•Subsonic Filter [10Hz - 100Hz]

•Bass boost

•W x L x H: 270 x 358 x 32mm [10 5/8” x 14 1/16” x 11/4”

Im a little lost with the specs on the amp, is it a 2 channel or 4 channel?

Im a little lost with the specs on the amp, is it a 2 channel or 4 channel?
2 channel lol i am lost with them specs to let me try to find some more lol...i just got to looking at them....the only reason i am asking how to wire b/c i am not good with ohms and i thank the way i got them wired right it is not the right ohm going to the amp...so when i rewire i want it all wired right....

If its a big 2 channel, id just run them in parallel, (3) speakers per channel, + to + and - to -, should give you a final load of around 2.66 ohms, which should be fine depending on the specs of that amp.

If its a big 2 channel, id just run them in parallel, (3) speakers per channel, + to + and - to -, should give you a final load of around 2.66 ohms, which should be fine depending on the specs of that amp.
oh ok kool...so my front door speaker back to 1- 8 from that 8 to the other 8 and then to the amp?? sorry i'm being so confuseing lol same on each side?

I see what happen, the specs you posted had it as a 4 channel amp, but said it was 600w x 1 bridged, thats what threw me off, just found the specs myself,

Audiofonics.com

You have the ADF 243 correct? Not sure how close those amps do to rated power, but should be about 200w to each speaker roughly.

oh ok kool...so my front door speaker back to 1- 8 from that 8 to the other 8 and then to the amp?? sorry i'm being so confuseing lol same on each side?

Pretty much, (1) 6" and (2) 8"s on each side and you should be good to go.

gotcha thanks alot .....i also have a horn in the front of my grill will that throw the ohms off? it is also 8ohms

Naw, if you include the horn with one of the sides, its going to see 2ohm instead of 2.66ohm...me personally, if I was going that route, id buy a small 2 channel amp just for the horn, or horns. Doesnt have to be big, (25x2 or 50x2 should be fine) since most horns are pretty efficient anyway.

Trying to make quite a bit of noise I see, lol.

Naw, if you include the horn with one of the sides, its going to see 2ohm instead of 2.66ohm...me personally, if I was going that route, id buy a small 2 channel amp just for the horn, or horns. Doesnt have to be big, (25x2 or 50x2 should be fine) since most horns are pretty efficient anyway.
Trying to make quite a bit of noise I see, lol.
lol oh yeah the horn is really!!!!!!!!!! loud i love it i got it on a switch hehe...thanks alot for the help your the man!!!

2.66ohm is not gunna hurt the 2ohm stable amp correct? or does it need to be right on 2 ohm?

Trust me, it will be fine, as long as the amp is rated at 2 ohm stereo, which im pretty sure it is. Your good to go.

Now, if those were 4 ohm speakers, you might have a problem as the final ohm load would be 1.33, which would be too low for your amp.

Sure man, no problem, loving the work soo far, got to get off my ass and do something myself.
hehe thanks..beleive me i cant waitttt untill i get my box build and everything in my trunk ...i thank i am going to take a video of the first time i hear the subs sound off...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.