2 6in ports or 4 4in port

Participant count
  • Participant list

Varinabassing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Richmond,Va
You don't need two 6"ers for a single 15" sub in a normal sized box. Good luck getting the tuning you want without having to go out and buy some PVC and elbows to make the ports ridiculously long.

What size box and what tuning are you wanting? Just as an example, a pair of 6" ports in a 4ft^3 box tuned to 35hz need to be 27" long, each.

You don't need two 6"ers for a single 15" sub in a normal sized box. Good luck getting the tuning you want without having to go out and buy some PVC and elbows to make the ports ridiculously long.

What size box and what tuning are you wanting? Just as an example, a pair of 6" ports in a 4ft^3 box tuned to 35hz need to be 27" long, each.
he is right at most use 1 6 inch aero in about 5 cubes net

and the best setup i have seen was 2 10s down firing in sealed boxes it did like a 148 and broke the hatch on a old gold amican bass vfl 150.1 not crazy loud but for 2 10 quite an loud setup

it is a fiberglass box about 4.3 cubes before displacement looking for 38 htz. I was uner the impression that i needed a lot of port area for the btls

Would 2 4in ports work ?? i have a 4 cube before displacement and 3 4 in ports and it seems ike it could use more port area thats why i was thinkin 2 6s or 4 4s

the sub has nothing to do with port area do one 6 inch aero and you should be good if it was me i would do one 4 inch aero in that small of a box but thats just me

if you do one 6 inch giving you 3.8 cubes net if your gross is 4.3 it should be about 10.5 inches so the center peace shoud be 5.5 inches long cause the flares if i remeber right = 5 inches

it is a fiberglass box about 4.3 cubes before displacement looking for 38 htz. I was uner the impression that i needed a lot of port area for the btls
In this case, use a single 6" port and make it 11" from flare to flare. After port and sub displacement you'll have about 3.8ft^3 tuned to 37-38hz. I'd personally tune lower, but do whatever you want to do.

ok so one 6in flared port is what i will go wit. Will having more port area make the sub handle power better and hit lower notes ?? Just asking some of the things i have been reading

no. just do 1 6" aero or 3 4" aeros. if your going to be competing or going for numbers i would do the 3 4" aeros if not a single 6" will work fine. 35hz should play down low and get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.