(2) 18 inch FI's in a Jeep Cherokee+More: BUILD

Your pm box is full. But I'm in the process of using those sonotubes and I seen earlier you said you just coated the inside and outside with resin. I have never fiberglassed before but always thought you needed either the matt or cloth to actually make it strong so I was just curious if you used either or just coated them with the resin.

What subs? BTL's?
I use to have 2 15" BTL's off a D9 and it slammed.
I like BTL's alot but not going with them this time around, going with a sub that has a bit more excursion and will love the low tuning. It's in its final stages of production but I can't say what brand yet:crap:

Your pm box is full. But I'm in the process of using those sonotubes and I seen earlier you said you just coated the inside and outside with resin. I have never fiberglassed before but always thought you needed either the matt or cloth to actually make it strong so I was just curious if you used either or just coated them with the resin.
Yea the resin itself dries very hard but like you said you need the mat/cloth to get the structural ridgity(in most cases lol). You'll notice when you first purchase the tubes(10 inch I would assume in your case) you can push on the top of them and compress the tube into almost an oval. When you dip or coat the tubes with the resin, the cardboard material of the tubes themselves absorb it and almost act as the mat/cloth, giving you your ridgity. Once all was dry the tubes were about 3 times more ridgid and were fairly hard to compress in the slightest bit.

Hey man just letting you know that I used that resin and it took a longggg time to set up, but I think it should work out pretty well. Thanks again, check out my build thread

Some pics of the newer alt. Had to upgrade from the OhioGen as it just wasnt cutting it. Mechman 250

20uzlnd.jpg

atolep.jpg

still liking the premier comps
Yea, I couldn't be happier with em. Probably will rock them for a few more months then I may switch over to PRS's.

Hey man just letting you know that I used that resin and it took a longggg time to set up, but I think it should work out pretty well. Thanks again, check out my build thread

Yea, resin can be picky lol. The catalyst tends to act differently from what I've noticed every so often. You might have needed slightly more of the catalyst as I had the same issue with the resin. And glad everything worked out mang. I'll check out your thread.

I like BTL's alot but not going with them this time around, going with a sub that has a bit more excursion and will love the low tuning. It's in its final stages of production but I can't say what brand yet:crap:
Some SSA Xcons would like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

keith i wantd to say your a fukinn mad man...lol, This guys new sub setup pawns,thats all i can say till he starts posting pics.Post pic already brooo lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.