2 10s or 1 15

Isn't the output of any given subwoofer dependent on enclosure design/tuning, regardless to the subs size? I ran a pair of dd redline 608's in a double07 built enclosure, 1.67cuft after, and tuned at 30hrtz, and they surprised the snot out of me, nice, clean, and deep.

Depending on the efficiency of the subs in question and the enclosure design either one can work well.

I'll propose the ideal of running 2 10s as a safer option considering the OP will likely be clipping his subs due to inexperience, but only due to the fact that 2 coils will likely have more surface area to dissipate heat over that of the 1 in the 15. This may not be exactly true since idk if the OP is comparing 2 2inch coil subs to a 2 inch coil 15 or is he proposing 2 2inch coil subs versus a 3inch coil 15? Who knows motor cooling will probably be better for 2 sub but if the 1 15 is higher quality and better designed it may fo better

Ehhh in closing need more info

Isn't the output of any given subwoofer dependent on enclosure design/tuning, regardless to the subs size? I ran a pair of dd redline 608's in a double07 built enclosure, 1.67cuft after, and tuned at 30hrtz, and they surprised the snot out of me, nice, clean, and deep.
To an extent. The enclosure is the most important factor but the sub and the power feeding it are also important.

Old school subs were quite efficient and got stupid loud on large cone area low power setups but the industry has changed and power is cheap so not too many subs are still efficient thought there are still some out there

To an extent. The enclosure is the most important factor but the sub and the power feeding it are also important.
Old school subs were quite efficient and got stupid loud on large cone area low power setups but the industry has changed and power is cheap so not too many subs are still efficient thought there are still some out there
Thanks for the info dude. I had a pair of the old school kicker c's, prior to the ribbed surround days, they had the black dish cone with the thin surround. Had them in a qlogic prefab ported, have no idea where it was tuned to, on a kenwood 100x2 amp, and they did very well on that little power, the best cheap system that I ever had. But this hst12mkll is bananas in this tiny azz box, but it is being run on a ia20.1 though.

dude u said 15 too. 

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

yes 12's and i would think if they made 15's they would be louder in right box..
Yeah so? I'm not admitting I didn't say it. Did you even read my next reply? Kush is spot on. You just keep babbling on here....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.