2 10s and single 12 together

Theoretically, if you insist on this configuration, you would wire the two sony's like this

1702952687769.png

That is 4 ohms to one of the channels on the DUAL amp, the other would be the 4 ohm twelve. That only gives you 240 watts to the two 10s and 240 to the 12. This could work in the interim but you really need a different amplifier. If you do this, don;t tune them differently, nothing to gain tuning the tens slightly higher, just losing low end.

Last edited:
I would run the Tens on a mono amp. Amps are so cheap these days. May even be able find a small 1200.1 Taramps cheaper even? Or something equivalent to serve its purpose within your budget,as Christmas Sales are coming soon

Theoretically, if you insist on this configuration, you would wire the two sony's like this

View attachment 55390

That is 4 ohms to one of the channels on the DUAL amp, the other would be the 4 ohm twelve. That only gives you 240 watts to the two 10s and 240 to the 12. This could work in the interim but you really need a different amplifier. If you do this, don;t tune them differently, nothing to gain tuning the tens slightly higher, just losing low end.
I planned on eventually getting another amp

If you dont have any money to spend right now.. just run the tens on the amplifier as shown in 4 ohms bridged on two chs and not hard/gain cranked, and tune them to suite what you have and save for something around Tax return season? You still have two chs that you can use on the door speakers in HPF/Full

Use the two 10's in a ported box. Port it correctly, and you will have all the bass tones from 100hz down. On top of that, it will be louder. No need to use the 12".

Last edited:
I have 2 kicker 10s 500 watt in a sealed box and a Sony xplod 12 1200 watt in a sealed box. I’m wanting to run them on a 1000 watt dual audio 4 channel amp. I understand that the 12 would be under powered some but how would I set the 10s to play high while the 12 plays lows?
I see no reason to split the signal and let the 10s play high and 12 play low if they are all intended for bass/sub use. You will get more output by letting them play together as you get more surface area for both high and low frequencies. Mixing different drivers is not ideal, but if they are sealed, it is better than different drivers in ported enclosures.

It’s in a single cab Tacoma so not much room. I’ve had the 2 10s behind the seat for a while. Before that I had the 12 in the passenger seat. I’ve heard of 10s and 12s canceling each other out. That’s why I was wanting to tune the 12 to the lows and the 10s to the higher notes. The amp is 4 channel so I can tune the 10s and 12 separately
As long as the subs are close to each other and the signal to is not Inverted on any subs, cancellation is not a big issue with sealed enclosures. With ported enclosures tuned to different frequencies, you will get problems even if the subs get in phase signal and are close to each other.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...